Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for May 14-20, 2019

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for May 14-20, 2019

Walt Disney World Resort Update for May 14-20, 2019 by Alan S. Dalinka

#DVCMember Moonlight Magic | 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Begins August 29 | Space-Themed Restaurant to Open at Epcot THIS Year | NBA Experience Tickets Now On Sale | Epcot Concerts News | Views Around the World

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Two questions, with all the festivals at Epcot with all the different food options already there, does it really make sense to add another table service restaurant? I guess they are better number crunchers than me.
    And the other number question is do they really think that price point at the NBA thing is going to work? It seems very high to me.

We are at DAK right now waiting for Up to start. Pleasantly surprised to find out we could enter as After Hours goers at 3 rather than 7!

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Two questions, with all the festivals at Epcot with all the different food options already there, does it really make sense to add another table service restaurant? I guess they are better number crunchers than me.
    And the other number question is do they really think that price point at the NBA thing is going to work? It seems very high to me.
    1. The table service restaurant in Future World East makes sense, as there really are no other dining options at that end of the park that will get much busier when Guardians of the Galaxy and the Play pavilion open nearby in the coming yers. Over at Japan pavilion, the partner there is building another table service restaurant there too that, by some accounts, would be above even the "Signature" level restaurants around the Resort - which would be something new. Some of the table service restaurants really require long-in-advance reservations for much of the year, but others, like Spice Road Table, are often walk-ups (although, I suspect that many guests are just unwilling to try the Mediterranean fare there (personally, I like it, but do not visit often).

2. So far we have heard very little from NBA/Disney about the value proposition beyond what I described in this week's Update. I was not invited to the media stunt where they announced the opening date during an Orlando Magic game in downtown Orlando's Amway Center, but I have not seen any other details about the NBA Experience's offerings. I do know that the Disney-NBA business dealings include ESPN telecasts and, locally, significant sponsorship of Orlando Magic. Hopefully, we will get a preview in August and will have more to report in a future Update.

Regards,
    Alan S. Dalinka

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    We’ are at DAK right now waiting for Up to start. Pleasantly surprised to find out we could enter as After Hours goers at 3 rather than 7!
    Without a day ticket, that would be a change, as, like you wrote, the advertised time has been 7 p.m.

Regards,
    Alan

Alan, we had a day ticket. Since its our first AH event, I didnt know that that might make a difference. We are enjoying Tiffins at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by asdhollywood View Post
    1. The table service restaurant in Future World East makes sense, as there really are no other dining options at that end of the park that will get much busier when Guardians of the Galaxy and the Play pavilion open nearby in the coming yers. Over at Japan pavilion, the partner there is building another table service restaurant there too that, by some accounts, would be above even the "Signature" level restaurants around the Resort - which would be something new. Some of the table service restaurants really require long-in-advance reservations for much of the year, but others, like Spice Road Table, are often walk-ups (although, I suspect that many guests are just unwilling to try the Mediterranean fare there (personally, I like it, but do not visit often).

2. So far we have heard very little from NBA/Disney about the value proposition beyond what I described in this week's Update. I was not invited to the media stunt where they announced the opening date during an Orlando Magic game in downtown Orlando's Amway Center, but I have not seen any other details about the NBA Experience's offerings. I do know that the Disney-NBA business dealings include ESPN telecasts and, locally, significant sponsorship of Orlando Magic. Hopefully, we will get a preview in August and will have more to report in a future Update.

Regards,
    Alan S. Dalinka
    Hey Alan, thank you very much for your learned response. And thanks again for allowing us to live vicariously through you as you enjoy the parks.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Alan, we had a day ticket. Since its our first AH event, I didnt know that that might make a difference. We are enjoying Tiffins at the moment.
    If you had a day ticket, you could have entered the park when they opening in the morning. No day ticket is required for the after hours events, they are completely separate.

I knew that. My point was I was surprised I could get my AH wrist band and event guide at 3pm rather than wait til 7pm. We didnt arrive until 2pm because it rained all morning and our first fast pass was at 3.