Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Scooter rentals at DLR

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Scooter rentals at DLR

Does anyone have any experience with renting scooters at DL? I have a friend who was in a car accident and walking around DL for the day will be a daunting experience.

She's thinking of renting a scooter and is trying to decide between getting one at DL or from a rental place on Harbor.

My question is regarding if we don't get there before 1 or 2 pm on a Sat., what are the chances there will still be any scooters left at DL?

Walking from the Grand to the front gate, only to find out they don't have anymore, then having to walk to the rental place on Harbor is a daunting thought. Yet, dropping her off at the rental place on our way in and waiting for her as she makes her way in, then having to swing back by the rental place at the end of the day is having us contemplating the DL option.

TIA.

Karin

Karin

2. # ADS

Many people like Deckert's. They will drop off and pick up at your hotel.

Deckerts. They will drop it at the hotel. It's cheaper than DLs and not as clunky. 7145425607.
    Mal recommended them and they were great both times I needed them. Mammasilva used to recommend them as well.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Many people like Deckert's. They will drop off and pick up at your hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Deckerts. They will drop it at the hotel. It's cheaper than DLs and not as clunky. 7145425607.
    Mal recommended them and they were great both times I needed them. Mammasilva used to recommend them as well.
    Deckert's wants an extra $25 to drop it at the hotel. My friend is trying to avoid that added cost, hence the question about if there would be any left at the front gate for her if we weren't there early.
    Karin

That's weird. We had no delivery fee either time.
    I wonder if they are one of the vendors having issues with the Grand. I *think the Grand is one of the ones CityStroller Rents has you physically meet their driver now instead of leaving with bell services.
    Hard to say if there will be any left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Deckert's wants an extra $25 to drop it at the hotel. My friend is trying to avoid that added cost, hence the question about if there would be any left at the front gate for her if we weren't there early.
    WEIRD, Deckert's has never charged me for delivery. As recent as last week.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    That's weird. We had no delivery fee either time.
    I wonder if they are one of the vendors having issues with the Grand. I *think the Grand is one of the ones CityStroller Rents has you physically meet their driver now instead of leaving with bell services.
    Hard to say if there will be any left.
    OK, I deal with Deckert's so often, I just now called Dale (owner) and asked. (Well, I wasl also confirming my scooter for this coming week.) No charge for dropping off, a few others do charge a drop off, but not Deckert's. The Grand is fine also.

When I said I heard $25, he commented there is a minimum $25 fee for the manual chairs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Karin, one thing I would do is put the delivery in your name or in your husbands instead of your friends. Sometimes there can be issues for people getting it delivered when they aren't staying there. But Deckert's has delivered for me there when I wasn't staying there as well.

Check Cloud of Goods, i found them through TripAdvisor. https://www.cloudofgoods.com/orlando-fl/scooter-rentals. They have both lightweight scooters and heavyduty scooters. Plus they deliver and pickup the product.

Quote Originally Posted by januka View Post
    Check Cloud of Goods, i found them through TripAdvisor. https://www.cloudofgoods.com/orlando-fl/scooter-rentals. They have both lightweight scooters and heavyduty scooters. Plus they deliver and pickup the product.
    Psst. You are in Disneyland forum.

Sorry! Here is the correct link for their Disneyland site(i.e Anaheim division) https://www.cloudofgoods.com/anaheim-ca

Quote Originally Posted by januka View Post
    You've posted about this company on other boards where your profile links you to this company -- which doesn't make it sound like you just found them on TA. The reviews on Yelp are uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    You've posted about this company on other boards where your profile links you to this company -- which doesn't make it sound like you just found them on TA. The reviews on Yelp are uneven.
    I had someone at the hotel asking me questions about the one I rented for mil. So I answered figuring she was looking for info. Nope, she was then trying to hard sell me on the company she worked for. I said I would stick with the known, excellent customer service, entity.

I had someone at the hotel asking me questions about the one I rented for mil. So I answered figuring she was looking for info. Nope, she was then trying to hard sell me on the company she worked for. I said I would stick with the known, excellent customer service, entity.
    Exactly. I would much rather stick with a company whose reputation is proven on this board and is vouched for by long standing padders of good reputation than go to a company whose rep spams numerous boards by pretending to be a customer.

Blog Entries

Considering both of their posts are promoting their product, makes you wonder. Yes, I prefer Deckerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Considering both of their posts are promoting their product, makes you wonder. Yes, I prefer Deckerts.
    And I prefer taking your advice as it has never failed me. We have now used Deckert's twice (A sprained her ankle 10 days before a last minute trip and her doctor didn't want her putting DL mileage on her healing ankle, wheelchair though she isn't 18) and both times they were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Tossing this in but they also sided up June 2019 which is the same time the first post was made. Its also the only posts they have made. So seems its someone trying to sell their business or who they work for. All I know is I would trust a long time member here who has experience with this area over someone new that just posts nothing more than the 2 links.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"