Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Opening thoughts and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I haven't been paying attention. They are putting purchasing limits on opening day merchandise? Interesting.
    I am not saying they are but in general usually there is when it comes to certain items so I am going to assume they will with some things like normal. Of course they could decide not to but either way any APs scanned when buying things I am bet is being monitored. Not just for re-sellers but I can imagine they watch to see what sells well with APs also compared to other items.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

I will be at the parks on the 29th. Is there any way to get into the dedication ceremony or just invited staff only?

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Apparently they are having cast previews this weekend; the daughter of a co-worker of mine works at The Haunted Mansion, and he is going to be her plus-1 at the preview on Sunday!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Apparently they are having cast previews this weekend; the daughter of a co-worker of mine works at The Haunted Mansion, and he is going to be her plus-1 at the preview on Sunday!
    They have been having them. I know my husband has seen some post about it and someone he works with his daughter started working in the parks recently and was allowed to invite a plus one as well to join her for the preview she was invited to. Said it was 6 hours they got to spend in it. I'm glad they are doing this with them. The CMs deserve it and its great they are able to bring a plus 1 with them. Hopefully they are all having fun.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Don't get eliminated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    They have been having them. I know my husband has seen some post about it and someone he works with his daughter started working in the parks recently and was allowed to invite a plus one as well to join her for the preview she was invited to. Said it was 6 hours they got to spend in it. I'm glad they are doing this with them. The CMs deserve it and its great they are able to bring a plus 1 with them. Hopefully they are all having fun.
    I was lucky enough to be a plus 1, and it was an incredible experience. Because it is a preview, one of the best things was they made you put your phone in a sealed bag, so you could not use it to take pictures or video. It was quite nice not seeing cell phones out all over the place. Everyone was interacting with each other, lots of conversation in line, it was a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by KB1ankenship View Post
    I was lucky enough to be a plus 1, and it was an incredible experience. Because it is a preview, one of the best things was they made you put your phone in a sealed bag, so you could not use it to take pictures or video. It was quite nice not seeing cell phones out all over the place. Everyone was interacting with each other, lots of conversation in line, it was a wonderful time.
    That is awesome! I wish it was more like that. I know my phone stays in my purse when there unless its pictures or wait time check and grabbing fastpasses. Yet when it does open it will be phones all over not for that but for the interactive part as well. Not sure how much of that I will even think about since I don't use it myself. I have the app in my phone but never pull it up in the parks.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I am not saying they are but in general usually there is when it comes to certain items so I am going to assume they will with some things like normal. Of course they could decide not to but either way any APs scanned when buying things I am bet is being monitored. Not just for re-sellers but I can imagine they watch to see what sells well with APs also compared to other items.
    I had a chance to attend tonight, and they had signs saying 1 per item per person. Each of the locations had unique merchandise so I think that rule would have been hard to get around, other than to get other people in your party to buy stuff for you.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had a chance to attend tonight, and they had signs saying 1 per item per person. Each of the locations had unique merchandise so I think that rule would have been hard to get around, other than to get other people in your party to buy stuff for you.
    That makes me wonder are they checking credit cards? Aps? IDs? If u walk away and xo e back can someone get around that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I thought today was the first day for reservations?
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

I saw that yesterday in a picture Mouseplanet posted on social media. I am glad to see that. It will help keep items stocked and curb those thinking they can come in and buy as much up as they can. Gives more people a chance to snag something they might want for themselves or friend/family.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    That makes me wonder are they checking credit cards? Aps? IDs? If u walk away and xo e back can someone get around that?

Good question but would someone that wants to buy up a lot for reselling I don't know if it would be worth their time to do such a thing since it would take a lot more effort. Obviously they could just have friends with them that help buy one of each item they want to have but I think even then it probably won't be worth it. Seems Disney found the best way they could to try to keep the re-sellers at bay and get more hands into the regular guests that just want it for themselves.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mp Twitter just posted that it's one per day per person - enforced throughout the resort

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Mp Twitter just posted that it's one per day per person - enforced throughout the resort

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Something they should have done a long time ago for many items. Glad though that many will have chances for whatever they might want to buy.

Blog Entries

Yes, you could walk out, walk around, and come back and get back in line.
    Planning 3 trips at once...