Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Opening thoughts and ideas

  1. #76

    My husband said that it was either missing or a lot harder to see on a computer but not on a tablet/cell phone. That was my experience. I'm a pretty smart/observant person and while I will agree that I was rushing, I knew that I wanted to add my daughter so I was looking where to put that information and when I registered the first time - I did NOT see it. I assumed it would be on a final registration page and instead was told that my registration was successful but just for me. I logged in a second time with my husband's account on a cell phone and the hyperlink was very visible.

    The Disney person I spoke with insisted that this was user error - but if I was not the only person who made the error than the web page was designed poorly. I don't know if it was a glitch or an error.

    I didn't complete the registration for my husband's account but based on what I saw if I registered the first time with my cell phone, I doubt I would have had any problems.


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    My husband said that it was either missing or a lot harder to see on a computer but not on a tablet/cell phone. That was my experience. I'm a pretty smart/observant person and while I will agree that I was rushing, I knew that I wanted to add my daughter so I was looking where to put that information and when I registered the first time - I did NOT see it. I assumed it would be on a final registration page and instead was told that my registration was successful but just for me. I logged in a second time with my husband's account on a cell phone and the hyperlink was very visible.

    The Disney person I spoke with insisted that this was user error - but if I was not the only person who made the error than the web page was designed poorly. I don't know if it was a glitch or an error.

    I didn't complete the registration for my husband's account but based on what I saw if I registered the first time with my cell phone, I doubt I would have had any problems.
    I had no issues with it on my laptop. I found the spot to fill in my husband and kids. I know it might be something one could miss though but considering websites can glitch and have things missing at times I can see that happening as well. So I guess it could be either way but in the end Disney also could have designed it a heck of a lot better too.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  4. #78

    [QUOTE=tea4two;2001600]

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post

    @BPC: Just saw this on another board.

    "I spoke with a CM this evening and they are allowing people holding a single person reservation to add one guest. I added my wife and she loves me again

    888-834-9125 7 AM - 9 PM Pacific time."

    Please call to add your sister to your reservation! Let us know how things go. May the Force (and pixie dust!) be with you!
    Thanks for the number We called and were allowed to add my sister. Now we are just waiting for the new confirmation and reservation. Thank you again.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

  5. #79

    Meh

    I see a Disneyland overloaded with rehab projects (park guests are paying 100% admission and not getting a 100% experience) 🤷🏼

    I see a Star Wars Land that will debut 2/3 ready, with no idea when the other 1/3 will be complete for park guests experience (yet people are willing to fight over a timed pass just to get in?) 🤷🏼

    Off topic - but important to me - 2019 marks the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland Haunted Mansion .... nothing is being done (not like they did for the 30th, and 40th with deluxe merchandise and dining experiences - and you didn't have to join D23 to get access to it) ... what the deuce? 🤷🏼

    I guess I'm going to be the outsider going to Knott's Berry Farm, enjoying an enhanced Calico River Rapids (complete with an animatronic Big Foot that works, kinda makes me wish the Yeti at Expedition Everest could be brought back to life) 😊

    Sorry if I broke any rules with my comments, I guess I'm just shocked that nothing is being done to celebrate the Haunted Mansion's Anniversary (except outside Disneyland at a convention that's non Disney Co related) 🤷🏼


  6. #80
    It was a good day! Malcon10t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Modesto/Waterford
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Brown View Post
    I guess I'm just shocked that nothing is being done to celebrate the Haunted Mansion's Anniversary (except outside Disneyland at a convention that's non Disney Co related)
    I have heard there are things being planned, just not announced yet. Will have to see.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

  7. #81

    [QUOTE=BlkPearlCptn;2001772]

    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post

    Thanks for the number We called and were allowed to add my sister. Now we are just waiting for the new confirmation and reservation. Thank you again.
    I'm so glad this worked for you -- and that Disney is allowing this for those who got caught in the glitch. Looking forward to reading your review of your Galaxy's Edge visit!

  8. #82
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Brown View Post
    Off topic - but important to me - 2019 marks the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland Haunted Mansion .... nothing is being done (not like they did for the 30th, and 40th with deluxe merchandise and dining experiences - and you didn't have to join D23 to get access to it) ... what the deuce?
    I think in the last few years they have not done extensive celebrations of any attraction like they did in the early 2000's. Even for Pirate's 50th in 2017 they made an announcement on the Parks Blog just 5 days before the anniversary (overall with food info) and 4 days before for merch. And for other attractions (indy 30th, Splash 40th, etc) just a pin announcement. Gone are the days when you'd get huge events and opportunities for special entertainment announced months in advance. The pattern now - it seems - is to limit the pre-release of information until closer to the event date. Of course SWGE doesnt fit that bill because there is huge demand for a land launch.

    I would expect to see something in the Disney Pins world announced at the end of july (there is a Merchandise link on the Events and Tours subsite of Disneyland.com) and then more of a general announcement the first week of August. Friday, Aug 9th, is the anniversary so it will be a good opportunity to kick off the weekend. One caveat - they could do something very small if they want all the focus to stay on SWGE.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  9. #83

    Has anyone found out a definitive answer about multiple reservations for one person during the reservation period? For instance a friend of mine booked a hotel under their name and added me as their guest (hotel asked for my AP) during opening weekend. But I also booked my own reservation under my name (my AP info with guests) for a couple weeks later.
    My fear is if I go opening weekend and my AP is scanned and I go back a couple weeks later they will go to scan my AP and I'll get flagged as having already been during the reservation period. I mean I would be fine if I wasn't allowed entry on my second visit but I would hate for my guests to miss out (which is why I haven't let them know for sure yet) My second reservation isn't until June 17 so I guess I will hear from people in similar situations on social media before then.


  10. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca

    From how it sounds so far there has been no mention of tickets/APs needing to be scanned. We know you have to bring along the confirmation to be scanned though and adults have to show an ID but that is all that has been said on it at this point. I can't imagine it will be an issue though for those under other's reservations but we shall all find out that first week how it ends up.

    I saw this a few minutes ago on the blog "After June 23, reservations are no longer required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and the Disneyland Resort will utilize a virtual queueing system, as needed, to continue to provide a great guest experience, so guests will be free to enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to get called back to enter the land. Guests, once inside the park, will be able to request to join a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge via the Disneyland app, or a non-technology option."

    Glad that they are setting it up in a way that doesn't have people waiting in the walkways. As well as can go about their day in the park and not waste it all day in a long standby that might not get them in the land. I wondering though if they will stop offering the virtual queue if they hit a certain number of guests wanting in for the day. I can imagine it will be hard to get every guests that wants in on each day considering they have pushed the interactive part of the land so much and I can see there being plenty that will want to try it all out.

    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  11. #85
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    From how it sounds so far there has been no mention of tickets/APs needing to be scanned. We know you have to bring along the confirmation to be scanned though and adults have to show an ID but that is all that has been said on it at this point. I can't imagine it will be an issue though for those under other's reservations but we shall all find out that first week how it ends up.

    I saw this a few minutes ago on the blog "After June 23, reservations are no longer required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and the Disneyland Resort will utilize a virtual queueing system, as needed, to continue to provide a great guest experience, so guests will be free to enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to get called back to enter the land. Guests, once inside the park, will be able to request to join a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge via the Disneyland app, or a non-technology option."

    Glad that they are setting it up in a way that doesn't have people waiting in the walkways. As well as can go about their day in the park and not waste it all day in a long standby that might not get them in the land. I wondering though if they will stop offering the virtual queue if they hit a certain number of guests wanting in for the day. I can imagine it will be hard to get every guests that wants in on each day considering they have pushed the interactive part of the land so much and I can see there being plenty that will want to try it all out.
    MP had an explanation of the virtual queue - guests will get a 2 hour window to come to their virtual queue space for the land. so if you are dining or in line for another ride you wont get pressured to get there. THat would indicate I think that the last window of a 2 hour queue would be either 2 or 4 hours before park close. Something like that.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  12. #86
    DVC Member KJSJpipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Havertown, Pa
    Blog Entries
    1

    It’s per stay not per ticket/ap. From my confirmation email:

    There is one reserved space for each registered hotel guest. You receive only one Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge reservation for your entire stay. You do not have a reservation for every day of your stay.
    ~Katrina



  13. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA

    I wonder what the Galaxy's Edge themed Garbage Cans and Restroom will look like?


  14. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by dehnehsu View Post
    I wonder what the Galaxy's Edge themed Garbage Cans and Restroom will look like?
    I keep picturing the restroom that the Thermian's created for Alan Rickman's character in Galaxy Quest. lol
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

  15. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Brown View Post
    ...Off topic - but important to me - 2019 marks the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland Haunted Mansion .... nothing is being done (not like they did for the 30th, and 40th with deluxe merchandise and dining experiences - and you didn't have to join D23 to get access to it) ... what the deuce? ����..
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I have heard there are things being planned, just not announced yet. Will have to see.
    This was announced today for HM's 50th: https://www.eventswithdisney.com/pro...3&varPage=home.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •