Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: July

July

I'm a big fan of Touring Plans and they have always been right when I have traveled in the past. They predict SERIOUSLY low crowds the weekend after July 4th. I want to know if anyone has actually visited following the 4th and what crowds were like. With Star Wars land opening I'm struggling believe there is a good time to go in the summer, but with a kid starting college in the fall, and a high school football player /wrestler it's my only option.

"Remember . . . Dreams Come True"

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by partyoffive View Post
    I'm a big fan of Touring Plans and they have always been right when I have traveled in the past. They predict SERIOUSLY low crowds the weekend after July 4th. I want to know if anyone has actually visited following the 4th and what crowds were like. With Star Wars land opening I'm struggling believe there is a good time to go in the summer, but with a kid starting college in the fall, and a high school football player /wrestler it's my only option.
    It has usually been typical summer crowds. I expect it to be very busy.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I would say that with the opening of Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge... all bets are off as far as the accuracy of Touring Plans or anything else. There is simply no way to know, especially with the very limited information we have about access and crowd control measures. But seriously low crowds in July? I find that hard to believe in any way shape or form, this year of all years. Best of luck with your decision... I think the days of finding a "good time to go" may be a thing of the past. I know I've found myself having those thoughts each and every time during my last 3 trips, each of which *should* have been in those "good time to go" windows. They weren't "bad", don't get me wrong... but they sure didn't match up to what I expected based on the crowd forecasts.

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

Crowd forecasts have not been accurate at all over the years. The only time (before SWGE) that was a given overly crowded time was always during Winter Break after Christmas. That was just a given. There have been so many times that we came across days that were better then we had expected or worse then we had thought it would be (thankfully those have been rare). July and any time in summer has always had its own kind of crowds. That is a given as well. Even when I was a kid it was always a busier time..just like Christmas. With SWGE I would expect even more in July. Especially since at that point the reservation system being set up for the first month will be gone. I will assume the 2nd ride will be opened by that point or sometime during that point. Which in turn I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them extend the reservation system for the land either if it helps keep control of crowds for the land and park in general. So if you go just in keep in mind that it could be crazy crowded and keep an eye on any news that might come up about how Disney is planning on handle crowds or how they are going into that time frame. If you go I'd try to get to the parks early on and not leave until ready to for the day when going into Disneyland.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"