Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Endgame Premiere

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Endgame Premiere

I guess it's going to be held at DCA?! First I heard about it.
    https://twitter.com/DustinMSandoval/...461837314?s=19

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

The photo was from a press event announcing a charity initiative, not the premiere.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com...ens-hospitals/

"You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK - thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Don't get eliminated!

Now if they could get some of them in costume doing a meet and greet, how cool would that be.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KB1ankenship View Post
    Now if they could get some of them in costume doing a meet and greet, how cool would that be.
    They have, visiting hospitals and such.

I think all of the Marvel premieres, at least lately, have been at the El Cap.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Professional Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I think all of the Marvel premieres, at least lately, have been at the El Cap.
    Interestingly, a website I go to to find out about street closures in Hollywood for premieres and hand/foot print ceremonies, does NOT have any street closures listed for a movie premiere before Endgame comes out. Either the listing isn't up to date or maybe they are planning something different for this one.

There were Omaze auction/lotteries to meet some of the cast at the premiere and the details said that you'd be flown to a "top secret location" and that the winners would be picked on the 19th. If it is in Hollywood, they may be keeping the permits under wraps for as long as possible.

Interesting. A friend of ours has been to all 20 previous Avenger's related premiers. He just posted yesterday that he has his costume and plans are in place for this one. He just got the day off for it. The way he talks he knows where it is going to be. I'll have to ask him. He's pretty sure about attending.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Professional Lurker

So, after hearing the Disney+ presentation was in an "auditorium" created on a soundstage at the Disney Studios, I wonder if they will have the Avengers premiere there.

There are still no street closure notifications in Hollywood for April 22nd (while the date for the Aladdin premiere in May is already listed.)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyj View Post
    So, after hearing the Disney+ presentation was in an "auditorium" created on a soundstage at the Disney Studios, I wonder if they will have the Avengers premiere there.
    How many people usually attend those meetings? Not nearly as many as would be attending a premiere, I'd expect. None of the soundstages at the studios are very big. You also have the issue that they usually want to have the public be able to see the red carpet, which isn't happening if the premiere is at the studios.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Professional Lurker

[QUOTE=cstephens; You also have the issue that they usually want to have the public be able to see the red carpet, which isn't happening if the premiere is at the studios.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought as well when I went down for the Infinity War premiere last year. The entire carpet was completely enclosed except for a small drop off where they allowed a very limited number of fans (maybe 200?) to enter. There were a ton of people looking for a place to watch and there was no where to go. It just goes to show, these movies don't need to create any more fan buzz. It's more for the media now.