Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Overlapping passes and blockout dates?

Overlapping passes and blockout dates?

I have a pass that is going to expire on a blockout date, is it possible to buy a ticket for that date and then upgrade that ticket at the end of the day into a new pass? What if I do a 3 day pass? I seem to remember that you cannot just buy a new pass before your old one expires (probably to prevent people from doing what I'm trying to do, but I don't want to upgrade to deluxe for like 2 days in the park.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

If you are within 40 days of your pass expiring, you can go online and renew it. If it is a pass that is no longer available, you can still renew online but once it is outside of the 40 days, that pass is no longer available. I think I am misunderstanding(would not be the first time LOL) so I'm likely no help. I would just go online and renew the pass.

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by jswtsang View Post
    I have a pass that is going to expire on a blockout date, is it possible to buy a ticket for that date and then upgrade that ticket at the end of the day into a new pass? What if I do a 3 day pass? I seem to remember that you cannot just buy a new pass before your old one expires (probably to prevent people from doing what I'm trying to do, but I don't want to upgrade to deluxe for like 2 days in the park.

Thanks in advance!
    What level is the pass you have currently, and is there a renewal discount available on it?
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

If you're only going on that one day, just renew in person on the blockout day and ask for an exception pass.

There is no renewal discount on any pass anymore. But if you have something that is grandfathered on your pass then you will lose it by buying a ticket and upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    If you're only going on that one day, just renew in person on the blockout day and ask for an exception pass.

There is no renewal discount on any pass anymore. But if you have something that is grandfathered on your pass then you will lose it by buying a ticket and upgrading.
    Didn't know about the renewals not having a discount anymore, but I was thinking about the OP having a pass that's grandfathered in and losing it if they didn't renew it.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Thank you everyone for the input, I didn't realize about the one blockout exception pass. I actually wanted to go two days which are both blocked out, so I decided the safest thing would be to wait until my pass expires and buy the ticket for the next day and then upgrade after the two days. I was trying to plan a trip with someone else but they were able to change the dates they were going to wait for me I just have the cheapest so cal select pass so I don't think i'll lose privileges, e.g. if i had the socal pass that's no longer available I might not want to lose it, but alas I don't have it.