Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 DCA Food and Wine Festival

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

New things we tried today on our last visit before the festival ends:

Citrus-brined pork roast - Good, but the bbq sauce was a little sweeter than I prefer. Brat in a pretzel bun - I really enjoyed this though the presentation wasn't the best. Terrific flavor on the brat, and I love pretzel buns. Available from a cart near the beer garden. Chocolate dipped beer marshmallow - I liked it ok but not as much as I was looking forward to it. Also available from the same cart as the brat on pretzel bun. Almond cake with butter streusel and apricot compote - The husband liked this a lot. I had a taste, and it was ok.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought the brat was great as well. The pulled pork's flavor threw me at first as being overly sweet. Then I remember it was the citrus booth and I guess they tried to get that into a BBQ profile. So I liked it better but not best.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Thought I would post here - the Mediterranean menu is back at Paradise Garden Grille.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

The next question is how long. Lion King celebration? Halloween?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The next question is how long. Lion King celebration? Halloween?
    Don't really see the point in asking the question. They've established that for whatever reasons, they like that location as a place to put new and seasonal food. Might as well enjoy the regular offerings whenever they're available. I was thinking about my next several visits and unfortunately, I've got specific plans so won't be able to include a meal at Paradise Garden Grill in them.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Don't really see the point in asking the question. They've established that for whatever reasons, they like that location as a place to put new and seasonal food. Might as well enjoy the regular offerings whenever they're available. I was thinking about my next several visits and unfortunately, I've got specific plans so won't be able to include a meal at Paradise Garden Grill in them.
    well, I ask the question because many people are huge fans of the Mediterranean cuisine and not of anything else - so its a good question to ask in case you have to plan your trip (since some may only take 1) before the next event. Even you have mapped out your plans and you can't include a meal there. Others may want to make a specific change to allow it in their plans.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    well, I ask the question because many people are huge fans of the Mediterranean cuisine and not of anything else - so its a good question to ask in case you have to plan your trip (since some may only take 1) before the next event. Even you have mapped out your plans and you can't include a meal there. Others may want to make a specific change to allow it in their plans.
    Except the problem is that we *don't* have an answer to the question, so unless people are going in the next couple weeks, there's no guarantee that the regular food will be available. As I recall, sometime last year, the place was closed for some period of time with no explanation of why it was closed.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

So we did end up having dinner at Paradise Garden Grill last night after all, and I ordered the tofu and veggie skewer plate for the first time. It was really good.