Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steamboat Willie AP Popcorn Buckets

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I got the Year of the Pig AP button on Friday and got another one on Sunday. My guess is that the scanner is only looking to confirm that the AP is valid, not whether you've already gotten one before. Though, now that I think about it, I don't recall if any of these announcements have said it's supposed to only be one per AP. I know I've read that on some of the button giveaways before.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I got the Year of the Pig AP button on Friday and got another one on Sunday. My guess is that the scanner is only looking to confirm that the AP is valid, not whether you've already gotten one before. Though, now that I think about it, I don't recall if any of these announcements have said it's supposed to only be one per AP. I know I've read that on some of the button giveaways before.
    Thanks for the added confirmation. I picked mine up finally yesterday. I probably won't get back before 5pm for the rest of the festival. If I do - my friend from AZ will be happy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

When we were there yesterday I actually saw 2 different guys walking around with the Steamboat Willie bucket. Really compared to how much we saw the Alien one in a day to this its a HUGE difference though.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

When I was there over the weekend I just saw one person with one

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

While at DCA yesterday, I saw one person carrying around the Steamboat Willie popcorn bucket. When we were there for the last weekend of the Lunar New Year festival, I saw two different families carrying one of those popcorn buckets.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I saw one on Tuesday, someone being pushed in a wheelchair. I wonder if it was the same person.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@disneylandAP just tweeted that another batch of Steamboat Willie buckets will be available march 12th.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I saw one on Tuesday, someone being pushed in a wheelchair. I wonder if it was the same person.
    Nope.

I won't be back until the end of the month. If anyone grabs one and can help me out I'd much appreciate it

We're not going again until April 10th, so I'm pretty sure we'll miss out again unless they made a boatload of them this run.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    @disneylandAP just tweeted that another batch of Steamboat Willie buckets will be available march 12th.
    Saw this, too, and debating whether it will even be worth trying to stop by the parks after work -- I'd hate to fight traffic just to find out all the buckets are gone AGAIN! It's not so much the bucket (still think my Minnie bucket is cuter), but some of us really like popcorn...

Still a pass for me.

tea4two, I think the Minnie one is super cute. Seeing the Steamboat Willie one when I did, I wasn't impressed at all. I do hope that those that do want one for themselves can grab one this time around though.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Saw this, too, and debating whether it will even be worth trying to stop by the parks after work -- I'd hate to fight traffic just to find out all the buckets are gone AGAIN! It's not so much the bucket (still think my Minnie bucket is cuter), but some of us really like popcorn...
    Last time, the Disneyland Twitter feed posted when they ran out.

Professional Lurker

For those interested, at 1:15, I passed by the Tomorrowland stand. They had plenty of buckets and there were only three people in line.

Also interesting - when I got mine this morning, they were emphasizing each bucket was hand painted so they would not all look exactly the same.

Around 7:30 pm, there were still buckets available.

Glad they lasted longer this time. Hope they will be around when I am there in a few weeks otherwise I will probably have to resort to ebay

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Glad they lasted longer this time. Hope they will be around when I am there in a few weeks otherwise I will probably have to resort to ebay
    Us too. At least once the eBay market is saturated, the prices should drop.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Saw popcorn carts in DL and in DCA with what appeared to be a good supply of the buckets tonight. Good to see that they're holding out much longer this time around.