Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: too many food changes?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

too many food changes?

So they've had Mickey Celebration food for a week, a now we're into the Valentines food options (I assume many of the Mickey items were pulled aside for now?). Then we will go back to Mickey then maybe another seasonal promotion? I wonder if the quality, and the ideas, will run out over time..

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I noticed the big jump to Valentine's Day right after all the Mickey ones were being posted. I thought it was a bit much. I had assumed though that the Mickey ones were still available during the Valentine's special ones. Is that wrong? Would seem a bit silly to go from one to the other that fast after pushing the Mickey Celebration items. Its also getting to the point that it feels like its overload. I get doing special food/treat items for things but when its as much as it is it becomes not so special IMO even if its different from the last one or the food fests. I am saying this as someone that is a picky eater that wouldn't eat most of what they offer from these things but when I read the lists from each one they sometimes seem so long.

Oh and don't forget the purple potion items into this mix too. Which sometimes the coloring on things is a big turn off with many of these items they do. I was joking with a friend about the coloring and wondering how many would be walking around all day with the coloring from some items on their fingers or mouth. LOL

Just remembered that Lunar New Year Celebration starts on Monday and that brings even more special food options with that event.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

and remember.... the Parks want to reduce the amount of attendance by Passholders because the crowd levels takes away from regular guests experiences (as they advertise multiple events and happenings and 90 limited time food items in the span of 2 weeks).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    and remember.... The parks want to reduce the amount of attendance by passholders because the crowd levels takes away from regular guests experiences (as they advertise multiple events and happenings and 90 limited time food items in the span of 2 weeks).
    lol

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

Even more limited time food choices. Three types of events at one time. (And I guess luNar new year is 4).
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ark-on-feb-11/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Even more limited time food choices. Three types of events at one time. (And I guess luNar new year is 4).
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ark-on-feb-11/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I will say that at least its a day. Which Valentine's should be just the day of or the week of...what its almost a month long event? SMH

Not sure how long this is suppose to be but there is this too https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-disney-parks/ Then March brings us the next Food and Wine Fest.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Just remembered that Lunar New Year Celebration starts on Monday and that brings even more special food options with that event.
    That starts on Friday.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    That starts on Friday.
    You are right..this is what happens when you aren't paying attention to the date. Been sick since the weekend and totally forgot it was Wed. today. LOL