Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Table Service Recs at Hollywood Studios

Table Service Recs at Hollywood Studios

I am trying to put together my list of Table Service Restaurants to make reservations for. I am stumped by Hollywood Studios. We've been to 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Dine In, so I'm trying to decide between the others. What do you like best and why? None can be one of the options too.

2. # ADS

And for reference, the only reservation we had last time that we want to do again is Yak & Yeti (we absolutely loved it). Other new ones that I'm going to try to get this trip are:

Be Our Guest
    Teppan Edo
    Raglan Road

Others that we are thinking about are:

Chefs de France
    Diamond Horseshoe
    Beaches and Cream

We like trying different things, but are slightly picky.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by betsyrina View Post
    I am trying to put together my list of Table Service Restaurants to make reservations for. I am stumped by Hollywood Studios. We've been to 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Dine In, so I'm trying to decide between the others. What do you like best and why? None can be one of the options too.
    Food places are often a challenge for us at Hollywood Studios because I think the options are pretty limited for what interests us. I do really like The Hollywood Brown Derby though. Nice atmosphere, good service, terrific food, some really interesting items for those a bit more adventurous but also more "normal" food that's still delicious. That's the only table service location at Hollywood Studios that we'd visit.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

For DHS, I've been to Brown Derby I think twice, and liked it. I tried Mamma Melrose's once (it's sometimes difficult to get a reservation), and thought it was good too (I'd probably go again) (I'm not Italian though, so maybe I'm not a good person to ask how good Italian restaurants are ).

Of your other new ones you are trying for the first time: BoG is themed really well (food is decent enough, but not necessarily outstanding, IMO), I've only been for Breakfast and Lunch though, haven't done the true Table Service for dinner. Teppan Edo is a good show, possibly not much different than any other Japanese restaurant with the Hibachi grill being done right in front of you. (It is family seating, so you will make new friends... just to be aware). Beaches and Cream is good, presumably the focus is the ice cream . It is truly TINY if you have never walked by it. Make sure you get your reservation in ASAP when your 180 days opens. You can always cancel without penalty if you re-evaluate closer to your trip. Been to Chefs de France once, and liked it. I lucked out and had a seat near the window (lunchtime) and had a decent view of the performers outside during part of my meal. Never been to the Horseshoe or Raglan road.

Not that you asked in general, but since you mentioned Raglan Road, if you are looking for any other D Springs places, I've liked Paddlefish. Additionally, as a quick spot to grab some snack (bar appetizers) type food, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is good because it does not take reservations, so you just walk in and look for a seat. Not too many places you can do that at WDW these days. Of course it's not really a spontaneous thing to accidentally end up at Disney Springs, but if you happen to be thinking about being over there for any other reason, it's a thing to consider.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Food places are often a challenge for us at Hollywood Studios because I think the options are pretty limited for what interests us. I do really like The Hollywood Brown Derby though. Nice atmosphere, good service, terrific food, some really interesting items for those a bit more adventurous but also more "normal" food that's still delicious. That's the only table service location at Hollywood Studios that we'd visit.
    The Hollywood Brown Derby is how I'm leaning. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    For DHS, I've been to Brown Derby I think twice, and liked it. I tried Mamma Melrose's once (it's sometimes difficult to get a reservation), and thought it was good too (I'd probably go again) (I'm not Italian though, so maybe I'm not a good person to ask how good Italian restaurants are ).

Of your other new ones you are trying for the first time: BoG is themed really well (food is decent enough, but not necessarily outstanding, IMO), I've only been for Breakfast and Lunch though, haven't done the true Table Service for dinner. Teppan Edo is a good show, possibly not much different than any other Japanese restaurant with the Hibachi grill being done right in front of you. (It is family seating, so you will make new friends... just to be aware). Beaches and Cream is good, presumably the focus is the ice cream . It is truly TINY if you have never walked by it. Make sure you get your reservation in ASAP when your 180 days opens. You can always cancel without penalty if you re-evaluate closer to your trip. Been to Chefs de France once, and liked it. I lucked out and had a seat near the window (lunchtime) and had a decent view of the performers outside during part of my meal. Never been to the Horseshoe or Raglan road.

Not that you asked in general, but since you mentioned Raglan Road, if you are looking for any other D Springs places, I've liked Paddlefish. Additionally, as a quick spot to grab some snack (bar appetizers) type food, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is good because it does not take reservations, so you just walk in and look for a seat. Not too many places you can do that at WDW these days. Of course it's not really a spontaneous thing to accidentally end up at Disney Springs, but if you happen to be thinking about being over there for any other reason, it's a thing to consider.
    Thanks! I appreciate any advice (I might not take it), but I love hearing other opinions, even if it's not about what I originally asked. I do plan to make my reservations 180 days out. Beaches and Cream looks fun, but I'm not sure if it's worth a trip to a resort where we aren't staying. We will have one off day, and we were thinking of going to a water park, but we could make it a resort touring day too.

Quote Originally Posted by betsyrina View Post
    .................. Beaches and Cream looks fun, but I'm not sure if it's worth a trip to a resort where we aren't staying. ..............
    Beach Club / Beaches and Cream is VERY close to the back door of Epcot at International Gateway (probably about as close as walking past maybe 3 -4 pavilions around World Showcase, if even that).

If you can get reservations that: a) don't conflict with your other plans (like if you want to see the new temporary show replacing Illuminations - which should be running by October, I think), and b) still will let you finish your meal and have time to re-enter Epcot before the park closes, that's probably the best bet so you don't waste a lot of time with additional transportation (i.e., the resort - to a park - to your actual resort - multi hop scenario).

If you get a later reservation after being in Epcot most of the day, if you don't mind walking (or boating) after the meal, you could always head to the front of DHS to pick up a bus if it is after Epcot closing hours and you can't get back to the bus stop at the front of Epcot. It's sort of a long walk from Beach Club to DHS though.
    Last edited by Dave1313; 01-21-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Beach Club / Beaches and Cream is VERY close to the back door of Epcot at International Gateway (probably about as close as walking past maybe 3 -4 pavilions around World Showcase, if even that).

If you can get reservations that: a) don't conflict with your other plans (like if you want to see the new temporary show replacing Illuminations - which should be running by October, I think), and b) still will let you finish your meal and have time to re-enter Epcot before the park closes, that's probably the best bet so you don't waste a lot of time with additional transportation (i.e., the resort - to a park - to your actual resort - multi hop scenario).

If you get a later reservation after being in Epcot most of the day, if you don't mind walking (or boating) after the meal, you could always head to the front of DHS to pick up a bus if it is after Epcot closing hours and you can't get back to the bus stop at the front of Epcot. It's sort of a long walk from Beach Club to DHS though.
    Good suggestions. Thanks!

Table Service Recs at Hollywood Studios

DHS has weak food options but that said, we always really enjoy Mama Melrose’s. I like the theming and have never had a bad meal there. It’s pretty relaxed too. Great wine flights.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I agree...DHS has little choices that intrigue us...we like Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time but they are just so so...nothing I would want to rush to book bc we love them. We have done Hollywood Brown Derby multiple times, but for 2 credits, we have felt on recent visits that the quality and service are diminishing. Mama Melrose is again just so so and nothing I would whole heartedly recommend. This past trip we did dinner at H&Vine and everyone in our party loved the available options. We were seated quickly and everyone found ample choices to feel there plates with. No one had much room for desserts but there were tons to choose from. I know this restaurant can get poor reviews but in the last 18 months or so, several friends have visited and we have and no one has had a bad meal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another vote for Brown Derby. Great food, and servers that have been there for many years. I've only had one bad meal there, and that was because the waitress was so friggin' slow! Other than that, always a great time.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Really bad experience at Brown Derby recentlyservice not up to par and meh food. Grapefruit cakewhich was my fave dessertis now inedible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson