Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Upgrading Disneyland AP on Monthly Payments to a Premiere

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Upgrading Disneyland AP on Monthly Payments to a Premiere

The only threads I can find are old and closed--so here we go:

If I understand correctly, I can renew my Disneyland AP on a monthly payment plan then upgrade to a Premiere pass and would keep the monthly payments on the Disneyland portion but would need to pay the price difference between the Disneyland AP cost and the Premiere cost all at once. Is this still correct?

Can this be accomplished all at Disneyland? Say I renew my Disneyland pass online can I then go to Disneyland and upgrade to the premiere right away or is there a reason I would have to wait to to go to WDW in order to upgrade? (I am wanting to upgrade asap after my renewal date so I can book fastpasses in WDW).

If you renew your Disneyland AP early (the site says you can renew up to 40 days early) is your new expiration date from the date you actually renew or is it a year from your expiration date (in my case on April 1)?

Thanks!

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. # ADS

Your renewal date is the same as always. This is the only part I know for sure. Reports in the past say you can do it right away and at DL. I have never done it just read other's reports here and you know how they like to change stuff. Call the AP line perhaps?

If there is a reason why you can't do it all in the timeline that you are intending - call Disney and explain the situation to them. We were in a similar situation in 2015 where we literally had a Premier voucher on the fridge - but couldn't activate it until right before our trip because you can't have two active annual passes for the same park and our current DL passes didn't expire until a few weeks before our WDW trip. They kept trying to tell us to activate our vouchers, but eventually realized that they were asking for the impossible. They were then able to give us a temporary token that allowed us to make all of our FP reservations.

The token was replaced as soon as we had valid passes in the WDW system and the tech guy who helped made it clear that it would expire BEFORE we could actually use the FP reservations if we didn't replace it with a valid pass. If you are already in your FP window, or will be before 4/1, I would call and see if they are still willing to give out tokens. If nothing else, it may save you from having to make a rush trip to DL.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

I will be at Disneyland the end of February so will be within my 40-day renewal period. If I can do it all at once that would be awesome! I just didn't know if you had to go through the fiction of renewing the existing pass then waiting and going back later to get the premiere.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson