Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2nd Honeymoon trip

2nd Honeymoon trip

Dates: January 28th - January 31st
    Resort: Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Participants: Myself and DW

My wife had been getting emails from Frontier airlines about airfare sales and talked about flying into San Diego and then driving up to Anaheim to go to Disneyland. I looked into the airfares and found a decent rate, but was unable to find a room using my parents timeshare. I looked into some other options and we decided to go to Orlando instead. We decided to make this our 20th anniversary trip, since we took our honeymoon to Walt Disney World. After making sure we had arrangements made for our daughters during that time and it was ok to take time off work, we went ahead and booked the trip, just a little over three weeks before leaving.

With the cost of tickets being so high, I was not sure if we would go to any of the parks, and I was fine with that. I wanted to at least go to Disney Springs and look around while we are there. When I got home, I was talking with my wife about what she wanted to do. She informed me that she wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom one day, so I went ahead and bought the tickets and made fast pass reservations for Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates. After filling in my parents on our plans, they told me that they would pay for tickets for us to go to Epcot for a day, which we are still deciding if we want to do or just spend a day relaxing.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

2. # ADS

Enjoy your trip - we honeymooned at WDW (Dixie Landings!!!) in 1993 and have returned many times for "2nd honeymoons"!!!

Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

www.merlotcottage.net

Happy 20th anniversary! We own at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and have stayed there quite a few times, so if you want a relaxing trip, you will definitely like it there. Have a great time on your trip.

Ellen

Happy 20th Anniversary! I'd take advantage of the offer to go to Epcot and enjoy the Festival of the Arts being held there!

We did decide to get tickets to Epcot and are looking forward to wandering around and seeing the festival.

It will be nice to get out of the arctic weather we are having here and enjoy some warmth.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

Sunday January 27th

Plan: Pack and get a good night sleep before leaving on Monday

Actual: My wife woke me up early to discuss changing our flight to leave early, since the weather forecast for Monday called for 8-10 inches of snow with high winds. I looked into changing our flight and finding a hotel. After discussing the additional costs, we decided to go ahead and make the changes. We were now scheduled for the last flight out for the night at 8:25pm.

We made arrangements to have a friend pick us up and take us to the airport. Once we were packed, we had some time, so we spent it as a family watching the British Baking Show. Our ride to the airport picked us up on time and we made it through security and waited for our plane to board.
    While we were waiting to board, we noticed there were quite a few families with babies in the waiting area, which is not a bad idea, since it would be their bed time and they would hopefully sleep. We boarded on time and quickly found our seats. When the time came for our flight to leave, an announcement was made that there was a mechanical issue with the plane. We continued to wait on the plane while they performed the maintenance. After an hour and a half delay, we were on our way.

Coming into Orlando, we hit some severe turbulence and my wife was gripping my hand tightly as we came in. One thing that I was concerned about was if the car rental place would be open so that we would be able to pick up our vehicle. Our luggage came out quickly and we were able to pick up our vehicle without any issue. We made it to our hotel room and checked in at 3am.

Things I think:
    I am glad that we decided to change our flight out, since our original flight out was canceled on Monday
    I think it is a good idea to take babies on the late flight, so that they will sleep on the flight, unless there is an hour and a half delay.

Monday January 28th

Plan: Fly out and Disney Springs

Actual: After getting a few hours of sleep, we got up, so that we could get some of the free breakfast that the hotel served. Before we headed down, we checked the school closure reports and school was closed for our daughters. I called my parents and informed them that school was closed and that they would not have to take our daughters. We headed down to breakfast and we were surprised to see that they were serving pulled pork along with the rest of the breakfast items. I made a waffle and my wife got some eggs and some of the pulled pork. She was impressed by the pork and suggested that I try it. After I finished my waffle, I got some eggs and pork. I ended up going back and getting some more pork.
    We finished breakfast and then checked out of our hotel and headed to Trader Joes for some groceries. When we finished with our grocery shopping, we headed to our resort and checked in. After dropping off our luggage in our room, we headed out to the Disney Outlet store. Nothing at the outlet store caught our fancy, so we left and decided to try the other outlet store. Getting to the other outlet store, we drove around the parking lot and could not find any parking and decided to just head back to the resort.

When we got back to our room, we decided to relax. My wife took a nap, while I watched some TV. After getting some rest, we headed over to Disney Springs, where we parked in the orange lot and took the escalators down to the first level, where we were directed to go back to the second level and take the bridge across. We walked around the stores and stopped at the Polite Pig, where I got a piece of buttermilk chess pie and my wife got a chocolate chip cookie. My wife found a Pandora ring that she wanted to get and I bought a new case for my phone. We also decided to get magic bands at the World of Disney store. Being an Indiana Jones fan, I had to make a stop at Jock Lindseys and I ordered a beer and we split the steak.

After getting back to the resort, we face timed our daughters to see how they were doing and to see if they wanted my mom to stay the night, which they did not. It was about time for the fireworks at EPCOT, so we went down the hall to a window that looked out to there and watched the show. My wife tried to face time our daughters, so that they could see it, but the WiFi was spotty. When the show was finished, I went back and watched some more tv and my wife turned in.

Things I think:
    Once again, I am glad we changed our flight, since it gave us more time to relax during the day and spend some time shopping.
    I was disappointed with the Disney outlet and especially trying to find parking there.
    I really enjoyed walking around Disney Springs.
    It was nice to watch the fireworks from the hotel.

Tuesday January 29th
    Plan: Magic Kingdom

Actual: My wife and I got up and while I was taking a shower, she called home to check on our daughters. My youngest daughter did not feel like going in to school, so we decided to call them in sick. After taking my shower and getting dressed, I cooked breakfast for both of us. When we had breakfast and headed out the door, I order an Uber ride.
    Our driver picked us up quickly and we had a nice ride to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Since we took the ferry over the last time we were at the park, we decided to take the monorail this time. As we were walking up the ramp to get on, my oldest daughter called and let us know that the heat was not working in the house. My wife asked my daughter to go check the exhaust, while I called a friend of ours to see if he was in the area to stop by. We decided to head over to the park and call my daughter back when we got off.

We found a bench and called my daughter back and she had knocked a couple of small icicles off the exhaust and the heat came back on. Since my wife has the app that monitors the thermostat, she verified it was working and she would continually check throughout the day. With the crisis averted, we headed through the gates. Unfortunately, by the time that we were finished, a monorail had delivered more guests, so we had a little bit of a wait to get through the turn styles.
    I had made fastpass plans for Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates for the morning and we started heading up Main Street. On our way to the Haunted Mansion, we made a stop at the candy store and watched them making the rice crispy treats and took a couple of pictures with the castle in the background. We quickly got on the Haunted Mansion before heading over to Gastons Tavern to split a cinnamon roll. On our way over, we rode Its a Small World.
    We were unable to find a table to sit and eat, so we sat on a small wall and shared the cinnamon roll. It was nice to be outside and enjoy the fresh air and hear birds. When we had eaten, we went into gift shop to look for something for my oldest daughter, since she likes Belle. We didnt find anything and headed back to Adventureland for our Jungle Cruise fastpass. The fastpass line extended past the entrance, and I had to ask someone to confirm we were getting in the correct line. The wait was about 30 minutes, and we both enjoyed our cruise.

With having to wait for the Jungle Cruise, by the time we got off, it was within our time for Pirates of the Caribbean. While waiting in line, I made a fastpass reservation for Dumbo. Having ridden what we wanted to in Adventureland, we headed over to Frontierland. We were starting to get hungry, so we looked at the menu at Pecos Bills, but there was nothing that we could agree on to split. I saw a stand that had chicken skewers, so I got in line for one of those and my wife got a soft pretzel. We shared our food and then headed to see the Country Bears.

I had not seen the Country Bears, since they left Disneyland. It was good to see that there were quite a few people in the theater and they were getting into it. When the show was done, we wandered through Liberty Square. I had wanted to see one of the muppet shows there, and just as I was wondering what time the next show started, I saw a sign that showed it would be in just a few minutes. Both my wife and I really enjoyed the show, which was about the Declaration of Independence. After the show, we continued our tour of the park and rode the carousel and saw Mickeys PhilharMagic.

It was time for our fastpass for Dumbo, so we headed over there and had a great flight. While waiting, I made another fastpass for Winnie the Pooh. One of the things that my wife had wanted to do was meet some of the characters, so we got in line to meet Daisy and Pluto. We had about a 30 minute wait and enjoyed our visit with them. We had some time before our fastpass, so we wandered through the shops and sat on a bench for a bit before our adventures with Winnie the Pooh.
    While we were waiting in line, I made another fastpass for Journey of the Little Mermaid. We enjoyed riding along with pooh in his story and then headed to ride the teacups. Since we did not have a fastpass, we had to wait about 15 20 minutes for our ride. My wife gets motion sick, so I promised not to spin the cup and we had a fun ride. We had not been into Tomorrowland, so we headed there next.
    I gave my wife some options on what we could go on and she chose to go on Buzz Lightyear. We got in line and it was the slowest line of the day. There were times that the line was not moving at all. We eventually got on and had fun defeating Zurg. It was time for our Little Mermaid fastpass, so we headed over there and went Under the Sea.

By this time, my wife was getting tired and wanted to find a place to sit, so we split up, so that I could ride a rollercoaster. I headed over to Big Thunder and stopped to get a churro on the way. I enjoyed my ride and saw that the wait for Splash Mountain was 15 minutes, so I went ahead and rode that also. When I got off Splash Mountain, my wife texted me asking where I was, so I headed over to find her. She had done some browsing in stores before finding a bench to sit and wait.
    When I found her I looked around and noticed that the area was starting to fill up for the castle and firework show. So I mentioned we should get a spot if we wanted to watch the fireworks. She had found a necklace for our oldest daughter that she wanted to show me first. After buying the necklace, we found a spot and I then headed to Sleepy Hollow for Chicken and Waffles. I brought back the meal and we split it while waiting.
    We watched both the castle lighting show and the fireworks from our spot on Main Street. I found it annoying the people that would slip in right in front of me and then put a child on their shoulders, blocking my view. After the fireworks, we headed out of the park. Since we were taking an Uber ride back, I decided that we could take a boat over to the Wilderness Lodge and call our ride from there. It took a while for the boat to come and I felt bad for my wife because she was cold. Once we got to the hotel our driver was there quickly and in no time we were back at our hotel. While my wife went to bed, I watched some TV before nodding off on the couch.

Things I Think:
    I think I like using Uber to get to travel between the hotel and the park.
    I think I like Fastpass +.
    I really enjoyed the chicken and waffles.
    I think it would be nice if people would think of others and not just themselves when watching the castle shows.