Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Unscheduled fireworks?

Unscheduled fireworks?

Last night we went to bed super early in our room at the Hojo and were surprised to wake to fireworks going off at 9:45, after the scheduled 9pm park closing time. Was anybody here in the park at that time or were they doing a post closing runthrough to transition to the non-holiday show?

-- Cindy

2. # ADS

It might have been testing for the new show. Did you check the HoJo Mattercam? Sometimes you can look at the footage on YouTube to see what you were hearing.

Since they always keep Mainstreet open an hour after park closing for people to shop, I would think at 9:45 there would have been a viewing opportunity for those that were still there.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    Last night we went to bed super early in our room at the Hojo and were surprised to wake to fireworks going off at 9:45, after the scheduled 9pm park closing time. Was anybody here in the park at that time or were they doing a post closing runthrough to transition to the non-holiday show?
    Over Christmas, park was closing at 11p, and between 1145 and 1am, they would be testing the new show.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Since they always keep Mainstreet open an hour after park closing for people to shop, I would think at 9:45 there would have been a viewing opportunity for those that were still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Over Christmas, park was closing at 11p, and between 1145 and 1am, they would be testing the new show.
    i have read other stories that said that Main st. closed when the park did that night so that they could test the fireworks portion of the new Mickey show on Main St. at a reasonable hour. Those fireworks will only be used on Friday thru Sunday when the show debuts (most likely).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Looking at the calendar just now it shows "Mickey's Mix Magic" as being the fireworks program every night, even when the park closes at 8PM and the fireworks are scheduled for 7:30PM

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking at the calendar just now it shows "Mickey's Mix Magic" as being the fireworks program every night, even when the park closes at 8PM and the fireworks are scheduled for 7:30PM
    The announcement that Disney posted on the blog mentions that the fireworks portion would be on select nights. So it's not a regular part of the show. The MP update today speculated it would be weekends only. No confirmation yet from Disney

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Actually, technically, it's listed under the heading "Fireworks and Nighttime Spectacular", so you could argue that the show falls under the second category and not the first. Fantasmic is also listed in that category and while there are fireworks in that show, it's not a fireworks show.

From what I've heard, the fireworks portion is going to be a very small part of Mickey's Mix Magic, not like a regular fireworks show. Guess we won't know until someone has actually seen it.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...