Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: D23 Expo Sunday = CHOC Walk Sunday!

D23 Expo Sunday = CHOC Walk Sunday!

Got word today that CHOC Walk will be held on the Sunday of D23 Expo. What??! Has anyone else had confirmation of this? This just sounds beyond crazy!

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Got word today that CHOC Walk will be held on the Sunday of D23 Expo. What??! Has anyone else had confirmation of this? This just sounds beyond crazy!
    sounds like Status Quo to me these days. Have multiple events the same day.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I know we don't get much sleep at Expo anyway, but doing CHOC Walk at the same time? Don't know if we could do it -- our super powers may not extend that far. But... if walkers got to go through SWGE????? I think we could drag ourselves through the parks for that!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But... if walkers got to go through SWGE????? I think we could drag ourselves through the parks for that!
    Yeah, that would be nice.... But I doubt it will happen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Can you elaborate on who you got the info from?

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    sounds like Status Quo to me these days. Have multiple events the same day.
    What events are you referring to?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Can you elaborate on who you got the info from?..
    The information came from someone who was asked to work the event on that date. We both had been hoping that D23 Expo and CHOC Walk wouldn't conflict, but the work request was clearly for the same date. (Secretly, I am hoping that there has been a mix up, but I have a sinking feeling that the date is correct.)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    The information came from someone who was asked to work the event on that date. We both had been hoping that D23 Expo and CHOC Walk wouldn't conflict, but the work request was clearly for the same date. (Secretly, I am hoping that there has been a mix up, but I have a sinking feeling that the date is correct.)
    Hmm, interesting. I'd be curious to know what the formal agreement is as far as who has final say on the date. Maybe they figured that geographically, it isn't really a problem. CHOC Walk is based solely on property, and Expo is at the Anaheim convention center. The overlap of people who would likely do both is probably minimal. Even for parking, I would expect few people would park at Mickey and Friends to attend Expo.

As far as Galaxy's Edge, I'd be pretty irritated if the first public people to see it were CHOC Walk participants. Also, I did CHOC Walk when it was held right after the opening of Carsland. That's the last CHOC Walk I've done mostly because it's why I now refer to the event as CHOC Stand since there was very little walking going on. We were moving at a snail's pace because everyone was stopping and taking pictures of the new land. It would be a 1000X worse if they tried that with Galaxy's Edge.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I was wondering if the CHOC team thought they might get more walkers because of Expo. A lot of people will already be in Anaheim or going to Anaheim that morning anyway. The Walk is so early in the morning that people could do the event, then go right over to the convention center afterward. Not sure they took into account how exhausting Expo can be and how many people might already be committed to lines for Sunday events on Saturday night. But, as you noted, that is probaby a small number of walk participants overall. And I would think that Disney is aiming to open Galaxy's Edge way before Expo -- the AP blockout calendar makes it look like they would try to open by June, if at all possible. So it's unlikely that CHOC Walkers would be among the very first to see the new land -- although using that as bait would probably result in the biggest Walk ever.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

They just posted info today that CHOC Walk this year is on Sunday, August 11, not during expo.

Hooray! That really is good news! My friend will be very happy -- now she can work CHOC Walk and go to Expo. Thanks for this update!