Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What are your 2019 Race Plans?

What are your 2019 Race Plans?

Don't know if anyone is still around here, but i thought i would try and start a thread for next year anyways, since it starts next month LOL.

What's everyone got planned for races?

I'm in for the 10k at the T9 Mermaid Half Marathon in Mission Bay, San Diego in February.
    Did it last year and its a fun little race its mainly geared at women, but some men run it as well, though they aren't eligible for prizes i don't think. It's got a 5K, 10k, and Half and at least last year came with free photos, tech shirt and a necklace plus a nice medal.

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im still here!
    well right now some things are in flux but I do have some general idea. I may sprinkle some 5ks along the way. I may do Mountains to Beach this year. I need to decide this month and finalize my list.

Jan - Irvine 5K
    Feb - Surf City Half
    march - ? (supporting LA Marathon runners Mile 23)
    april - Run to Remember 10K; Irvine Egg Hunt 5K
    May - OC Half (maybe, I may be out of town)
    June - Pirate 10K
    July - ?
    August - OC Fair 5K, Tiki Beach 10K
    Sept - Conquer the Bridge 5 mile, Aloha 5K
    Oct - Long beach Half
    Nov - Dino Dash 10K Tustin,
    Dec - Santa Monica Christmas 10K

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Jan - Hot Chocolate 15K San Francisco
    Apr - Great Race of Agoura Pacific Half Marathon
    May - Bay to Breakers 12K
    Oct - Lexus Lace Up Ventura Half Marathon

Possibly another half or two.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I'm signed up for the Derby Day 5K at the Santa Anita Racetrack and the arboretum. I expect to do the Dodgers 5K as long as it's offered. I have a mild thought of signing up for the Run to Remember 10K because they've changed the location of the course, but I haven't done a 10K since Avengers 2017 AND it's the day after the Derby Day 5K, and my schedule in the next few months is up in the air, so I'll have to hold off until I know whether or not I can get any training in.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Is anyone doing the Running Universal race in May? The theme is minions. It starts on the upper lot, goes to the backlot and ends on CityWalk. I find driving up that hill intense, I wouldn't want to do it on foot. But I'm curious to know how it goes if anyone else attempts it.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    Is anyone doing the Running Universal race in May? The theme is minions. It starts on the upper lot, goes to the backlot and ends on CityWalk. I find driving up that hill intense, I wouldn't want to do it on foot. But I'm curious to know how it goes if anyone else attempts it.
    I'm considering it. A friend keeps reminding me about the hills though. I won't know until closer to the date whether I'll actually sign up.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I am back! After the move and new job, life has calmed down. So race plans. I did the Austin Half marathon last month when I saw it was happening. I signed up about an hour before registration closed and ran it the next day.

I am planning on doing Wine and Dine for the first time and it has been too long since I RanDisney. 5 years to be exact. Cant wait to get back in the saddle!

If anyone was on the fence about the Running Universal 5K, Saturday May 11th sold out, but they've added another 5K on Sunday.