Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Springs Changes

Disney Springs Changes

With all the new and changed restaurant choices at Disney Springs does anybody have feedback on what is working and what isn't? Anything really stand out?

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

I guess it depends on who you talk to. I mean, there are a lot of new, good eats that are around now. I kinda live by the rule that if you want to know what its like, you really have to try it yourself. I mean, someone can say a place is the best they ever had while someone else had a bad experience. Unless you dont like a certain cuisine, I say give something new and unknown a try.

I really want to try the Boathouse and Morimoto Asia sometime in the near future.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    I really want to try the Boathouse and Morimoto Asia sometime in the near future.
    These are both high on our list for our late spring trip. We actually decided to stay at SS vs. our usual haunt of Boardwalk or BC (we love having access to EPCOT restaurants) in order to really try out some of the new places at the Springs. A bit of buyers remorse as we will miss the EPCOT area A LOT, but we really also need to try some new places!
    Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

Ive only tried Morimoto Asia and Chef Art Smiths Homecomin. I enjoyed the food at both places. However as with most new restaurants, both were very loud.

I'd have to agree it's highly subjective to personal tastes. I've been to Paddlefish, The Boathouse, and Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar.

Paddlefish I liked enough my first visit that I scheduled another visit on a subsequent trip. But I've seen at least one comment somewhere suggesting it was perhaps overpriced and not worth it. (I forget exactly who - might have been one of the many YouTube vloggers doing a review)

The Boathouse I tried once, and while it was OK, I don't necessarily feel the need to go there again (at least not before I try other things). Nothing I had stood out enough as something unique that I couldn't easily get elsewhere (meaning outside WDW as well). It is well themed inside though. Obviously the Amphicars are a unique thing, but you don't need to be eating in the restaurant to either do that or watch when other people set off on their voyage.

Jock Lindsey's wins for me in the convenience of it not being a reservation place. I realize it's a bar, but it's got decent (IMO, of course) appetizer food available, and it's a nice way to kick off a trip if you fly in later in the day (and have no way to know if your flight might be delayed, etc) to get a small start to your vacation rather than regular quick fast food at the airport or elsewhere when you arrive. While I don't often make a special effort to make it over to Disney Springs(my 2 Paddlefish trips were also trip starters when I flew in mid day into evening), if it's not too late, I might walk around the shops after stopping in at Jock Lindsey's for food.

Morimoto is on my list of "someday" places, as it STK, (and possibly even a few others), but I don't prioritize heading over to Disney Springs vs. being closer to the actual attractions in the parks or surrounding resorts (anything Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake, Crescent Lake, etc).

-Dave

MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pizza Ponte is delicious, and a great value for quick service.

Homecomin' has very good food, as does Morimoto Asia. Polite Pig is good fast casual barbecue. Amorette's has amazing pastry creations that are beautiful and delicious.

We ended up going to the Polite Pig and were very impressed even though it was quite busy. The pork shoulder and the smoked chicken salad sandwich were both excellent. We had some really good service too between Mia and Jose.
    Great experience. Thank you all for your suggestions. We look forward to going back and trying some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    We ended up going to the Polite Pig and were very impressed even though it was quite busy. The pork shoulder and the smoked chicken salad sandwich were both excellent. We had some really good service too between Mia and Jose.
    Great experience. Thank you all for your suggestions. We look forward to going back and trying some of them.
    Polite Pig is on my list for my late January trip, great to hear you enjoyed the food.

We are at Chef Art Smiths last trip as it was new and is raves about on a UK forum I go on. For me it was the most overhyped disappointment of our trip. Deluxe Burger was equally uninspiring to me as well. Im looking forward to trying Morimoto Asia next trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    We are at Chef Art Smith’s last trip as it was new and is raves about on a UK forum I go on. For me it was the most overhyped disappointment of our trip. Deluxe Burger was equally uninspiring to me as well. I’m looking forward to trying Morimoto Asia next trip.
    Sorry to hear about your experiences, Scooby... can you elaborate a bit on what made things so underwhelming?
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experiences, Scooby... can you elaborate a bit on what made things so underwhelming?
    I chose that word for Chef Art Smith as it best describes my experience I think. So, the gap between the hype and the reality was probably a big part of the disappointment. There was nothing majorly wrong with it but it was a very average experience for me and I was expecting wow! The deserts werent good. Deluxe Burger was a bit grubby with dirty tables and the portions overwhelming which instantly puts me off my whole meal. If you like whipping burgers I imagine it would be a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)