Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Holiday Tour 2018

Holiday Tour 2018

Hi, does anyone have any information about the Holiday Tour this year? I'm asking because we have been fortunate to go on the Tour
    a few times and were a tad surprised in last years Tour. I'm choosing to be only slightly negative about the tour. While interesting, it covered a LOT of ground and left those of us who had done the tour before saying "huh?" to each other

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    I'm asking because we have been fortunate to go on the Tour a few times and were a tad surprised in last years Tour. I'm choosing to be only slightly negative about the tour. While interesting, it covered a LOT of ground and left those of us who had done the tour before saying "huh?" to each other
    I've only done the tour once, several years ago. What was weird about last year's tour?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I should have used a word other than weird. Each year we were taken on a tour of the park or parks and were shown the special holiday traditions represented. Typically 2- 4 attractions were included, as with most tours. Small World was always the last, a special way to end the tour and get ready for the parade. In 2017 the tour included both parks and honestly felt like "how many steps can I get on my fitbit" tour. No attractions included. Parade and a treat and a pin were included and appreciated but no attractions made us (who had done the tour in the past) go from "what?" to giggles to "Oh well, we love Disneyland"

HEHE just realized I didn't use the word "weird"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    In 2017 the tour included both parks and honestly felt like "how many steps can I get on my fitbit" tour. No attractions included. Parade and a treat and a pin were included and appreciated but no attractions made us (who had done the tour in the past) go from "what?" to giggles to "Oh well, we love Disneyland"
    Hmm, interesting. The one year I did the tour, I believe it included Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World Holiday in addition to the Christmas parade.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Someone posted that this year's tour does go into both parks and includes a ride on IASWH.

Blog Entries

Last years tour did not include any rides. This year, IASWH is on the tour.

Planning 3 trips at once...

They gave us a fastpass for IASWH when we sat down for our parade viewing last year, so it sounds like it's pretty much the same tour this year as it was last year. In previous years, we went on HMH, IASWH, and The Jingle Cruise. We sure miss the Jingle Cruise. I can't imagine why they haven't had it the last 2 years. It was certainly popular.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Thank you everyone for the responses I forgot about the fastpass they gave us last year. Thank you for the reminder, that was a nice perk.
    In past years we went on HMH, Jingle Cruise, Storybook boats, train from HMH to SMH and SMH. Not in that order or each one every year but I'm remembering at least 3 attractions per year. I understand the need for change and the pain of taking a group through fastpass during the busy holiday season. Last year we did alot of rushing from one area to another. The parade is lovely and the seats are amazing. I'm really trying hard here to put a positive spin on the tour.