Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Breakfast Spots in Walt Disney World

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Breakfast Spots in Walt Disney World

My Disney Top 5 - Breakfast Spots in Walt Disney World by Chris Barry

Chris counts down his favorite places in Walt Disney World for the most important meal of the day.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thank you for this, we are trying to decide on a place for breakfast for our next trip. I was leaning towards 1900 Park Fare because we haven't done it before.

We have done Ohana and Garden Grill for breakfast before, and loved both of those as well. Boma is great too, especially for those with adventurous palates.

The one breakfast that we have done that I didn't like was at Akershus. The food was OK at best, and it is rather pricy.

While I have no quibble with your list, the first thing I thought of concerning breakfast in WDW was a pre-opening breakfast at Tusker House inside Disney's Animal Kingdom. The breakfast itself is excellent - carved meats to go along with souffle's and standard breakfast stuff, and an unlimited supply of that incredible Jungle Juice. And then there's the fun of walking through a mostly empty DAK, and being positioned after breakfast to beat the crowds heading up to Kilimanjaro Safaris. The only down side for me is still being stuffed when it's time to eat ribs from Flame Tree for lunch!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

We usually go on the cheap when we got to WDW and eat breakfast in the room. Mornings are just too valuable at the parks to spend it eating. That said...Totally with you on the 1900 Park Faire. I love that place! The feel is so charming and the character interaction for this breakfast is amazing. And I love the strawberry soup they have. Really good.

I also love Akershus breakfast with the Princesses. Decent character interaction, but the potato casserole is really good. However, I prefer this place for lunch as the food is even more amazing.

One day, Ill try out that Polynesian place.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by yedliw View Post
    Thank you for this, we are trying to decide on a place for breakfast for our next trip. I was leaning towards 1900 Park Fare because we haven't done it before.

We have done Ohana and Garden Grill for breakfast before, and loved both of those as well. Boma is great too, especially for those with adventurous palates.

The one breakfast that we have done that I didn't like was at Akershus. The food was OK at best, and it is rather pricy.
    Not a fan of the food at Akershus breakfast. Lunch and dinner is much better.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    While I have no quibble with your list, the first thing I thought of concerning breakfast in WDW was a pre-opening breakfast at Tusker House inside Disney's Animal Kingdom. The breakfast itself is excellent - carved meats to go along with souffle's and standard breakfast stuff, and an unlimited supply of that incredible Jungle Juice. And then there's the fun of walking through a mostly empty DAK, and being positioned after breakfast to beat the crowds heading up to Kilimanjaro Safaris. The only down side for me is still being stuffed when it's time to eat ribs from Flame Tree for lunch!
    Twice in the past we tried to book a pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace, looking forward to getting into the Magic Kingdom early - back when the opening ceremony was still out front and getting in early was a treat for the very few - and as the date got closer they changed the park hours on us!! We booked an 8:15 when the park opened at 9 and then as summer approached they changed the park hours to 8:00 !! That happened to us twice. Haven't tried it over at Animal Kingdom.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    We usually go on the cheap when we got to WDW and eat breakfast in the room. Mornings are just too valuable at the parks to spend it eating. That said...Totally with you on the 1900 Park Faire. I love that place! The feel is so charming and the character interaction for this breakfast is amazing. And I love the strawberry soup they have. Really good.

I also love Akershus breakfast with the Princesses. Decent character interaction, but the potato casserole is really good. However, I prefer this place for lunch as the food is even more amazing.

One day, Ill try out that Polynesian place.
    Very true Gator, but our typical plan of attack with breakfast is to book as late as you can - 10:45 or so. Then we get to the park for a 9:00 o'clock opening, spend a good hour and a half enjoying the empty park and then have late breakfast. We can typically hit all of Fantasyland, except maybe 7 Dwarfs, and one other big attraction and then have a late breakfast/early lunch.

And yes...do try that Polynesian place!!