Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: holiday time at Disneyland

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

holiday time at Disneyland

Christmas came to New Orleans Square last night.

Snow has started to appear on the castle as well, but I didn't get a chance to take a picture.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

I saw the snow yesterday too, yay Holidays in the Park! The only pictures I got of the castle were some horrible selfies taken to mark my day for the husband and kiddos.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thanks for the pic - and I'm happy its kicking off. Slowly but surely it will all be in.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

My favorite time in the parks!!

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

When two Holidays collide!

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Now I can start to get excited!! Less than 2 weeks till I'm "home"!

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    When two Holidays collide!
    20181030_161426.jpg

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Thanks for sharing, it's going to be a long while until I can get back to any Disney park 😔. Great picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TulaBelle View Post
    Thanks for sharing, it's going to be a long while until I can get back to any Disney park . Great picture!
    You're welcome and thank you. Sorry it will be awhile. Hopefully not to long.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Saw both and can't wait to try some of the yummy stuff!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I'm not sure I will have enough time to try everything!!!!!!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm not sure I will have enough time to try everything!!!!!!
    I was saying this is why I needed a food buddy with me. So we could just half things. My kids won't touch most of what I want to try and hubby doesn't have a pass at this point. Either that or I need a big to go box. LOL

Our Holiday trip this year is only going to be for 3 days, so I don't think we'll get to try everything we want either. I don't think I'm going to make any meal reservations so we'll have more meal slots to try as much as possible. The exception being if they get WOC back up soon and then I'd make a Lunch/WOC ressie.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    The exception being if they get WOC back up soon and then I'd make a Lunch/WOC ressie.
    It's not coming back any time soon, at least not until sometime in 2019. More time to snack on holiday goodies during your trip!

It's not coming back any time soon, at least not until sometime in 2019. More time to snack on holiday goodies during your trip!
    I thought they had announced late 2018?

Blog Entries
    I thought they had announced late 2018?
    i wonder if its some sort of replacement show. I saw photos of new covered structures in the lagoon (flood lights?). or maybe a modified version?
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

CMs are now saying that WOC will not be back in 2018 and that there is no official return date set so far for 2019. Sigh...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    CMs are now saying that WOC will not be back in 2018 and that there is no official return date set so far for 2019. Sigh...
    assuming this is true - then some of the new structures in the lagoon may be simply to project lights onto the Fun Whe... or Pal-Around and other locations. i guess we will have to see.

Carthay Cirle Christmas.jpgTown Square Christmas Nov 6 2018.jpg
    Christmas trees are up in both parks, Christmas music is playing on Main St. About the only thing I noticed missing was the wreath/garland stretching across the street, and lighting on the castle and Main St. dcor. Oh and DTD still has pumpkins in their planters and no Christmas globes in the trees.

Friend is in the park today and I'm trying to have her bring me a Pluto holiday popcorn bucket - does anyone know if they are in Dland yet?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Had a chance to try out some of the Festival of Holidays food yesterday. Absolutely loved the pozole rojo beef with hominy polenta. Nashville hot turkey was ok. Chana masala was as good as it was last year. Curry cauliflower soup with braised lamb was pretty good, though the flavors mixed too much for me this time. I only had a few tastes of it. I'd probably order it again for myself in the future and scoop out the lamb to eat separately.

Didn't get to try the thing I wanted the most, which was the turkey and stuffing tamale. The line was pretty long and I was already kind of full by the time we got to that location. Hopefully, next time.

We got the Sip and Savor pass, which offers a $10 discount if you're an AP ($49 vs. regular price of $59). Oh, and two words - spell check.

The beginnings of the gingerbread house are up in the Grand Californian Hotel, though the tree isn't up yet. They also have goodies available for purchase nearby, including the gingerbread cookies that I loved last year.

So exciting! Can't wait to try it out!!

Blog Entries

Ive been trying several foods at the Festival as well. So far all good to great (ham shank, fundido, shrimp and grits, chipotle chocolate creme). More today and then next week.

New to me was the (lack of) tree lighting festivities in DCA. I hung out for a few minutes and wondered why no BVS Street characters were arriving. Then the audio tape played for the lighting. Bummer. I liked the small but festive ceremony before. It was a nice touch of placemaking. Declining entertainment by degrees.

What I am totally blown away by are the crowds. Last Saturday by 1030am both parks were quite busy. Wed night having dinner at Naples and it was crazy busy in the esplanade and throughout DtD. Last night I arrived at DCA around 415 and was leaving by 545 - and the sea of humanity coming down the parade corridor was crazy. Almost all flowing one way. Mickey and Friends has been closed almost every day (Thursday night for 3+ hours). Toy Story parking lot shuttle lines super long. Is there some other vacation stuff going on? displaced folks with nothing to do? Or is it just the first week of Holidays so everyone is descending on Disneyland. Lots of shopping and buying going on as well. Im now even more scared of what SW Land time will look like. I guess Disney got what it wanted - almost capacity every night with registers ringing.