Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Curious about Fastpass percentages?

Curious about Fastpass percentages?

I was just wondering if there are any stats on how many fastpasses are never used and what percentage of the people never use fastpasses?

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont think there are publicly available stats along those lines.
    In regards to such... are you curious about anything specific?

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by ann0d View Post
    I was just wondering if there are any stats on how many fastpasses are never used and what percentage of the people never use fastpasses?
    That is an excellent question. I think Disney could monetize that info. Say $50 a day to get first crack at unused FP every hour?

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    That is an excellent question. I think Disney could monetize that info. Say $50 a day to get first crack at unused FP every hour?
    I have to admit you lost me there? How does anyone (incl Disney) know it's "unused" until after it's outside the assigned window and not redeemed?

I can't see how anyone could "get first crack" at a FP that is not used, since once the window is passed, it's now intruding on other FP assigned times.

Obviously there are the exceptions that cross many time periods, like when a ride is down and they give out a FP you can use for many other rides at any time for the rest of the day, but for the most part, the system has some number assigned/available for any given window. It seems to be true that Disney does not release all of the available slots at one time (explaining how there seem to be times of day when some may "open up", even if you've missed out when trying to sign up previously), but I'm pretty sure they have a total number they assign that they don't go past, so as to keep the system somewhat balanced.

As to the original poster's question, obviously only Disney can monitor when a FP is not redeemed. As for people not using the system at all, that's maybe interesting, but I'm not sure how to quantify that into an effect on the system.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I have to admit you lost me there? How does anyone (incl Disney) know it's "unused" until after it's outside the assigned window and not redeemed?

I can't see how anyone could "get first crack" at a FP that is not used, since once the window is passed, it's now intruding on other FP assigned times.

Obviously there are the exceptions that cross many time periods, like when a ride is down and they give out a FP you can use for many other rides at any time for the rest of the day, but for the most part, the system has some number assigned/available for any given window. It seems to be true that Disney does not release all of the available slots at one time (explaining how there seem to be times of day when some may "open up", even if you've missed out when trying to sign up previously), but I'm pretty sure they have a total number they assign that they don't go past, so as to keep the system somewhat balanced.

As to the original poster's question, obviously only Disney can monitor when a FP is not redeemed. As for people not using the system at all, that's maybe interesting, but I'm not sure how to quantify that into an effect on the system.
    Excellent points Dave. I had not thought it all the way through.