Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug??

I just saw a WDW Today tweet saying that Florida has a Hatbox Ghost tiki mug starting today. Has anyone heard anything about it materializing (sorry, couldn't resist) here?? I WANT ONE :-)

Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug??

The Disney Parks Blog said a new tiki mug would be coming to Trader Sam’s at DLR “later in the Halloween season” back when they announced the popcorn buckets & poison Apple steins in August. Fingers crossed! I’ll be there the 28th & 29th and would love to get one.

-- Cindy

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    The Disney Parks Blog said a new tiki mug would be coming to Trader Sam’s at DLR “later in the Halloween season” back when they announced the popcorn buckets & poison Apple steins in August. Fingers crossed! I’ll be there the 28th & 29th and would love to get one.
    so if its been released at WDW now, I would say either Thursday this week or Monday next week it will come to our Trader Sam's. Just my opinion.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    so if its been released at WDW now, I would say either Thursday this week or Monday next week it will come to our Trader Sam's. Just my opinion.
    I'll already be there on Friday, so I'm crossing fingers that magic happens and it comes out that day. Otherwise I'm probably out of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I'll already be there on Friday, so I'm crossing fingers that magic happens and it comes out that day. Otherwise I'm probably out of luck!
    Are you going to MHP this Friday, the 12th? (Costumes??)

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Are you going to MHP this Friday, the 12th? (Costumes??)
    Sadly, no... missing out this year. Partly cost, partly because pregnancy :-( I think next year I'll bring the kiddo though! I will be re-using the Evil Queen from SDCC on actual Halloween though (daughter wants to be Snow White, and she's assigned Dopey to my husband, haha!)

So should Disney trickle the exclusive merch out over several days or should they make more of it so everyone gets a piece of the pie. I like how they limited this one to 2, but in several other cases the limit is 10.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    So should Disney trickle the exclusive merch out over several days or should they make more of it so everyone gets a piece of the pie. I like how they limited this one to 2, but in several other cases the limit is 10.
    It depends on the merch and I don't know who makes that call. These mugs were two per person (per purchase? per day? not clear) but something like the Funko RIDEZ Doombuggy was 5 per person and I missed out by 6 people.

In the case of yesterday - could they have just had a bank of registers (maybe 10) for the first day and use a lobby spot? I guess not since it would not be next to Trader Sam's - but it would have been more convenient.

By the way - The Trader Sams Mug Trading group on Facebook states that at 1250pm today the line was 10 people. And they still had mugs....
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

By the way - The Trader Sams Mug Trading group on Facebook states that at 1250pm today the line was 10 people. And they still had mugs....
    Ha, apparently I should've gone today then. Drat! I figured they'd be gone in a day; didn't even consider that they'd still have them today.

The line got shorter and shorter throughout the day (was all the way around the Adventure Land Tower, through the gazebo, in front of the Frontier tower all the way to Goofy's Kitchen) . I heard it took almost 6 hours for the people that showed up before 6... I got there at 11:30 and was in line for 4 hours(the line was never any longer than the point where I entered, was actively shrinking behind me) When I got out at 3:25, the line was at the halfway point of the Adventure Land Downtown Disney Side. So probably about an hour or so. They closed the line at 8pm I heard and it was still about 30-45min wait at that time. At one point a register died and that slowed the line.

They did have a few changes that showed they are learning a bit. Every one had wristbands, and they changed design or color about every 30 people... so you couldn't line jump or hold the line for others. They limited to 2 per person, and hand stamped you so you couldn't reenter the line. They had someone bagging the mugs, and three people running registers. They also provided a side table for everyone to move out of the way and check the mugs for issues.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    I think no matter what Disney does, they'll get complaints. If the entire stock is available from day 1, people will complain because they can't get there that day. If they only allow X number to be sold on a particular day, people will complain because they don't want to have to go back for multiple days to try to get one of the X number available that day. I think a lower limit is good, but then I've heard people complain that they can't get enough for everyone in their family. There are always going to be people who are left out, no matter what the rules are. I used to laugh, though, when the pin purchase limit was 25. Seriously, you might as well not put a limit.

In the case of yesterday - could they have just had a bank of registers (maybe 10) for the first day and use a lobby spot?
    I wouldn't think it would make good business sense to have 10 cashiers when only one item is being sold. (I'm not even sure they had 10 cashiers for the runDisney expos, but if they did, that was at least for a large crowd with multiple items available.)

Quote Originally Posted by dhcloud View Post
    They also provided a side table for everyone to move out of the way and check the mugs for issues.
    Oh, I like when they do that. It gives you the opportunity to check for problems with your merchandise without delaying the rest of the line.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...