Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Port Orleans Riverside

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Port Orleans Riverside

Got a great deal on 15 nights at POR at end of January. Have never stayed at this resort. Any ideas, tips, etc?

Riverside is my favorite mod! We stayed there in July for our 5th time and we love it more each time. Riverside is so peaceful and beautiful. The grounds are well maintained. I love sitting on a bench after dark listening to the clip clop of the horses and the water taxis coming up the river. The view of the river with the lamps reflecting is gorgeous.

My favorite building is 85, Magnolia Terrace. It is close to the east depot, couple minutes to "Ol Man Island and no more than 5 to the food court. It is close to 'Ol Man Island but we tend to spend more time at the quiet pools. This trip it was a little busier than we are used to but never had a problem getting chairs and finding a spot to relax as a group in the pool.

I love the build your own salads and pastas at the food court.

YeeHaw Bob gets rave reviews but the most we've done is listen to him in the hall for a song or two.

Congrats on your good deal! I'm jealous of 15 nights, 10 is the most we've ever pulled off.

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19, BLT/BWV '20

Quote Originally Posted by Shula View Post
    Riverside is my favorite mod! We stayed there in July for our 5th time and we love it more each time. Riverside is so peaceful and beautiful. The grounds are well maintained. I love sitting on a bench after dark listening to the clip clop of the horses and the water taxis coming up the river. The view of the river with the lamps reflecting is gorgeous.

My favorite building is 85, Magnolia Terrace. It is close to the east depot, couple minutes to "Ol Man Island and no more than 5 to the food court. It is close to 'Ol Man Island but we tend to spend more time at the quiet pools. This trip it was a little busier than we are used to but never had a problem getting chairs and finding a spot to relax as a group in the pool.

I love the build your own salads and pastas at the food court.

YeeHaw Bob gets rave reviews but the most we've done is listen to him in the hall for a song or two.

Congrats on your good deal! I'm jealous of 15 nights, 10 is the most we've ever pulled off.
    Thanks so much for your detailed response. I am looking forward to experiencing a new resort.

Port Orleans Riverside

This was the resort we stayed at on our very first trip in 2006. If I was not a DVC member, I would definitely stay there again. It is my favorite of the moderates.

I love Riverside. By far my favourite moderate resort of the three weve stayed at. The food court is excellent. The quiet pools are very enjoyable and the main pool a nice area with a bar, showers and changing area as well as a hot tub. Decent shop. Lovely boat ride to Disney Springs. The grounds are beautiful and interesting as they change in foliage style as the bayou areas turns to the Mansions area. Well worth a couple of hours wandering around. If you like fishing they do trips. Its a large resort though so be prepared for a walk to the food court potentially. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    I love Riverside. By far my favourite moderate resort of the three weve stayed at. The food court is excellent. The quiet pools are very enjoyable and the main pool a nice area with a bar, showers and changing area as well as a hot tub. Decent shop. Lovely boat ride to Disney Springs. The grounds are beautiful and interesting as they change in foliage style as the bayou areas turns to the Mansions area. Well worth a couple of hours wandering around. If you like fishing they do trips. Its a large resort though so be prepared for a walk to the food court potentially. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you Scooby for your reply. I appreciate it.

"Dixie Landings Honeymoon Club" member here...our first (and several there after) stay was at Riverside, then known as Dixie Landings. Love it, and as another poster noted before me, if we can't get the DVC of our choice we always go back to Riverside.

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    "Dixie Landings Honeymoon Club" member here...our first (and several there after) stay was at Riverside, then known as Dixie Landings. Love it, and as another poster noted before me, if we can't get the DVC of our choice we always go back to Riverside.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to hear such positive posts from everyone.