Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Price hikes begin in the park

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Price hikes begin in the park

New to me - regular soda is 3.99, large is 4.19 (was 3.29 and 3.99). And here I thought getting rid of lids (and soon straws) would save them money. It hit me on Saturday at Jazz Kitchen Express and I was surprised - so I checked the Mobile Order app today and it's at many counter service locations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Hmmm... well, there were questions flying around the various blogs about whether/how the WDW ticket pricing changes would affect us out here. Wonder if this is part of the process. Aren't food price hikes usually the precursor to ticket/AP price increases? (said with dread...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Hmmm... well, there were questions flying around the various blogs about whether/how the WDW ticket pricing changes would affect us out here. Wonder if this is part of the process. Aren't food price hikes usually the precursor to ticket/AP price increases? (said with dread...)
    yes, they usually are. Though there has been speculation for a while by many (me included) that we'd see a price hike in October (with the new Disney fiscal year) and then another in February or March. The drink price increase of 70 cents seems quite high for one shot. the large only went up 20 cents. I think food will be next, then tickets.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    It hit me on Saturday at Jazz Kitchen Express and I was surprised - so I checked the Mobile Order app today and it's at many counter service locations.
    I'm surprised that a price increase at Jazz Kitchen made you look at the Disney prices since Jazz Kitchen isn't owned by Disney.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I'm surprised that a price increase at Jazz Kitchen made you look at the Disney prices since Jazz Kitchen isn't owned by Disney.
    To me it seems the prices for drinks at DtD locations like the express, taqueria, napolini, and I think Earl, match the drink prices in the park. I did not do a scientific study but I believe this to be the case.

It's not quote that dramatic. Sodas were $3.59 earlier this year and went up over the summer.

Blog Entries

Snacks are up too. Mousinfo tweeted this today
    "Price increases in effect all around Disneyland on snacks and beverages. Dole Whip now costs $5.69, up from $4.99. The Dole Whip float is a whopping $6.49. A Dasani water bottle or a regular fountain drink are now $3.99. https://t.co/HD6DCDMuKF"

Snacks are up too. Mousinfo tweeted this today
    "Price increases in effect all around Disneyland on snacks and beverages. Dole Whip now costs $5.69, up from $4.99. The Dole Whip float is a whopping $6.49. A Dasani water bottle or a regular fountain drink are now $3.99. https://t.co/HD6DCDMuKF"

I understand that the churros are now also $6.49 as well.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I understand that the churros are now also $6.49 as well.
    Maybe some of the specialty ones. But regular churros are $5.25.

This is from this week's "Passporter":
    We now have reports of Disney food and beverage price increases at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, with some price increases on small items as much as $1. Here are some of the changes:

Regular Size Fountain Drink is now $3.99, up from $3.29
    Large Size Fountain Drink is now $4.49, up from $3.69
    Dasani Brand Bottled Water is now $3.50, up from $3.00
    Bottled Soda is now $4.50, up from $4.00
    Orange Juice (Bottled) is now $4.99, up from $4.29
    Mickey Bar and Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich -- they are now $5.75, up from 5.00
    Mickey Pretzel is now $7.00, up from $6.00
    Churro is now $6.25, up from $4.50

They tend to focus much more on WDW -- are these prices accurate for DLR, too?

Blog Entries

I think some of our old prices were higher. Someone pointed out to me that our regular soda was 3.59. large was 3.99.

I grabbed one of my receipts from end of Aug and paid $7.50 for 2 bottles of water. I remember saying many months ago something to my son one day that the prices went up because it was usually an even amount for water and so 50 cents or a little more for bottle soda. Will look to see if I can find one with bottle soda on it. I think we grabbed one that day.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I think some of our old prices were higher. Someone pointed out to me that our regular soda was 3.59. large was 3.99.

I went over to allears and checked the menus. Soda from Cozy Cones was 3.59 and that was last updated in Jan. of this year. 3.49 for a bottle of water.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I went over to allears and checked the menus. Soda from Cozy Cones was 3.59 and that was last updated in Jan. of this year. 3.49 for a bottle of water.
    yes -WDW old pricing was less.