Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: MDE screwed up still?

MDE screwed up still?

I wonder if hackers are hitting WDW. The site, both mobile and computer, and the phone app have been screwed up royally since yesterday afternoon at least. I scored a Slinky FPP, actually, but now can't add the others because the system no longer shows their tickets, etc...

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Yeah, it has been a bit buggy lately, but just good enough to work through.

Have you been able to lock in all your choices? If you haven't ridden it yet, I think you'll enjoy Slinky. The theming of the queue, and really the whole Toy Storyland area, is pitch perfect. A grin was plastered on my face during the entire ride. Can't wait to ride it again.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

It's still acting up. Not completely offline at least. No improvement on Slinky for adding the others to my FPP yet.

It's been buggy a lot lately for some people. Honestly, I;ve never had any "major" issues with the app or the website version.

I also agree with petesimac as well on the overall themeing of Toy Story Land. I think it was really done very well. I love just strolling around or sitting there & listening to the toys over the speakers.

You must be lucky then, because the site is still screwy. I've never liked the application version, too slow...

App seems slow/buggy to me quite regularly, using Disney's wi-fi on an iPod Touch. Maybe it's better if you use a cell phone with a data plan. I recognize that it's sometimes the capacity/coverage of the wi-fi as my problem, but on a few occasions when it seemed stuck, I opened up Safari and went to a regular website with almost no delay whatsoever.

I have seen an awful lot of freezes on the opening screen, or the "wait" icon (whatever we call that spinning circle thing - like the windows hourglass) get stuck and just sit there. This is not an ancient piece of hardware either. I bought this unit right before my previous trip this past May when the MDE app required iOS 11, which my old iPod Touch wouldn't support.

-Dave

Every time I've tried the parks wifi it hasn't been impressive on any device. This will be a new phone this trip, Galaxy S9+ so we shall see. The camera on it is so much better than older phones. Still not a real camera with adjustable aperture, but better than older ones. Also on T-Mobile now vs Verizon, so will see how that goes.

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    App seems slow/buggy to me quite regularly, using Disney's wi-fi on an iPod Touch. Maybe it's better if you use a cell phone with a data plan. I recognize that it's sometimes the capacity/coverage of the wi-fi as my problem, but on a few occasions when it seemed stuck, I opened up Safari and went to a regular website with almost no delay whatsoever.

I have seen an awful lot of freezes on the opening screen, or the "wait" icon (whatever we call that spinning circle thing - like the windows hourglass) get stuck and just sit there. This is not an ancient piece of hardware either. I bought this unit right before my previous trip this past May when the MDE app required iOS 11, which my old iPod Touch wouldn't support.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Every time I've tried the parks wifi it hasn't been impressive on any device. This will be a new phone this trip, Galaxy S9+ so we shall see. The camera on it is so much better than older phones. Still not a real camera with adjustable aperture, but better than older ones. Also on T-Mobile now vs Verizon, so will see how that goes.
    Yeah. I NEVER use the WiFi at a place like Disney. There are WAY too many people on the network for it to fucntion properly. I've had little issues (nothing major) with using the app on my mobile's data plan while on property. Although I may use it differently than most. I book the FP's whenever (meaing day before, etc.) then just do a screen shot of those to know when they are. I rarely change the times & we hardly book ADR's as there are just my wife and I. We hardly have more than a 15-20 minute wait at most table service restaurants that do not have a bar for us to sit at.