Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Q: Getting fastpass reservations for days before I check-in to resort

Q: Getting fastpass reservations for days before I check-in to resort

This will be my first time to Disney World with the Fastpass+ system.

My family will be in Orlando the first week of January 2019 for a family reunion. I am tacking on an extra day at the end because flights leaving on Monday are a lot less than leaving on a Sunday.

I'm thinking of booking a room at one of the Disney world properties the Sunday night before I fly out. The Disney World website says that I can start making my Fastpass+ reservations starting 60 days before I check-in. Does this mean that I can get Fastpass reservations for the days before I actually check in during this time period?

Also, do I need to buy park tickets at the same time I book the room to be eligible to book 60 days out?

2. # ADS

1) Have you already set up your My Disney Experience (MDE) account on the WDW site? That is central for the rest of the discussion, so 1st thing is first - create an account/profile if you don't have one.

2) When you hit your 60 days, the system opens you up for FP+ planning for your first day and all subsequent days of your vacation when you have multiple days at a WDW resort. So someone staying a week on WDW property does not have to get up early every day for a week (to do each one at the 60 day mark), as soon as their first day pops up, they can do the whole trip. With you just doing the single on-site day, you will only be able to do that one day 60 days in advance. All other days (I'm assuming you are off site since you called out the single on-site day specifically), you will get to do 30 days in advance. (unless your off site happens to be one of the Disney Springs area hotels that is extended the 60 day benefit, in which case you should be able to do the whole trip)

3) You need your tickets, from whatever manner you are purchasing them to be linked to your MDE account before this will work. Once you have your physical ticket in hand, you can link it in your MDE account to allow FP+ selection once you get to 30 days (or 60 for your on-site day). The ticket won't of course count as used until you actually enter a park with it, but I'm pretty sure there is no way to set up the FP+ without linking the number first.

Pretty sure this is all correct, but if I made typo or error, someone else will hopefully chime in to correct me. Once you have the gist down, then there is the topic of your other family members and if you are trying to arrange FP+ for any/all of them during the rest of your reunion.

-Dave

I didn't book my trip until past the 60 day mark but was still able to Fastpasses for almost everything I wanted. Couldn't get FOP and had to be flexible on some of the times.

~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

Dave, you are spot on with your answer. Well done. I just wanted to add a little tip.

If your original hotel is a Disney Springs hotel and you are switching to a WDW property hotel, please keep your luggage with you and move it yourself. Some hotels might offer a luggage transfer service. (at least the WDW hotels do offer it between each other) These services are not very quick and since you have 1 day I would hate to see you spend it waiting for hours for your luggage. (this happened to me) So just keep your bags with you when you move.

I wish you a magical trip! And good for you to try 1 day at a hotel!! It's alot of fun!
    GnP

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    Dave, you are spot on with your answer. Well done. I just wanted to add a little tip.

If your original hotel is a Disney Springs hotel and you are switching to a WDW property hotel, please keep your luggage with you and move it yourself. Some hotels might offer a luggage transfer service. (at least the WDW hotels do offer it between each other) These services are not very quick and since you have 1 day I would hate to see you spend it waiting for hours for your luggage. (this happened to me) So just keep your bags with you when you move.

I wish you a magical trip! And good for you to try 1 day at a hotel!! It's alot of fun!
    GnP
    Thanks for confirming I did not goof, GnP! I need to admit the mechanics of doing things for the Disney Springs hotels is not something I know the process, but I might need to learn just for the sake of Extra Magic Hours eligibility for my trip in a few weeks (obviously I am past the point where it would make any difference for FP+). (I've never stayed at a DS hotel before, but added a night at one on one end of my upcoming trip)

Is linking a stay at one of those hotels as easy as doing it for a WDW property? I got an email with a confirmation number, but it was only a day or 2 ago, so I didn't try to link it to my MDE yet (I believe the system said something about it possibly taking 72 hours for everything to sync up). I guess I will try to do so and it it doesn't work that way I will need to call the WDW operators for help.
    -Dave

Yes it's easy to link it. I've made reservations for them on Expedia, then just enter the confirmation number into MDE a day or so later.