Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for September 10-18, 2018

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for September 10-18, 2018

Walt Disney World Resort Update for September 10-18, 2018 by Alan S. Dalinka

Historic Pay Raise For Cast Members | More Disney After Hours Dates Announced | Epcot Concert & Candlelight Processional News & Calendar | Views Around the World | This and That | New & Coming Soon at Disney Springs | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thanks as always for the fine work, Alan. In reference to the 7 hotels that will continue to offer access to Disney Magic Hours and 60 day FP+ booking, do you know if they are offering Magic Bands, or will FP's be tied to your ticket? I'm thinking of saving a bit of money on my next trip, but I don't want to cut off access to benefits that I enjoy. Thanks.

Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Unfortunately, Dan, the Sentinel article did not say and, here at MousePlanet, we did not receive the press release from the hotels themselves. My best advice: visit the websites or call the hotels you are interested in to see what WDW benefits they offer during the particular dates you are interested in visiting.

Regards,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Thanks as always for the fine work, Alan. In reference to the 7 hotels that will continue to offer access to Disney Magic Hours and 60 day FP+ booking, do you know if they are offering Magic Bands, or will FP's be tied to your ticket? I'm thinking of saving a bit of money on my next trip, but I don't want to cut off access to benefits that I enjoy. Thanks.
    If you have a Magic band from a prior trip, you can use it with your new ticket. All of your bands and all of your admission media are tied to your account. So as long as you remember to bring your old magic band with you (or buy a new one while you are there) you can use that instead of your ticket.

The only thing that I'm not sure if you can do is charge on a Magic Band that isn't tied to a current [Disney] hotel reservation. I would expect by now they would make it as easy as possible to separate you from your money, but I know that when we last stayed on-site we needed to create a pin as part of check-in so that we could charge and I'm not sure if you can do that online/re-use an old pin. I'm sure someone who goes to WDW more than I do will know the current status/rules (which, of course, are subject to change between now and when you next go).

So glad for the new COVERED bus stops coming to the Studios. I got soaked to the skin once while waiting for the bus. Some of the other guests almost got into a physical fight when one person refused to move out from under the small shelter when the line moved.

I would guess that room charges are not allowed unless you're staying at a Disney hotel. I mean, how would Disney put a charge on my bill if I'm staying at the B? That may be one of those things that I'll just not be able to do. Ah well, all it means is a bit more accounting work once I get home!

Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    The only thing that I'm not sure if you can do is charge on a Magic Band that isn't tied to a current [Disney] hotel reservation. I would expect by now they would make it as easy as possible to separate you from your money
    Good point about using an old band. It does need to be the same MDX account. Charging privileges are still tied to room reservations. And, as a local, Im very happy about that.

Regards,
    Alan