Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland to Sell Alcohol in Galaxies Edge

2. # ADS

I don't see any difference in consuming it inside Club 33 and consuming it inside the Cantina, other than general access. I don't want to see people holding 2 beers each while in line for Dumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I don't see any difference in consuming it inside Club 33 and consuming it inside the Cantina, other than general access. I don't want to see people holding 2 beers each while in line for Dumbo.
    So much THIS!! This was a huge issue for me last December in DCA (I know I ranted about it in another post) Go ahead, enjoy the sauce INSIDE an established restaurant or bar designed for the purpose... and where properly trained servers can keep an eye on those over indulging. There just isn't any need, or purpose to be served by wandering around a family-designed amusement park with open alcohol in your hand.
    Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

I don't care if they sell alcohol. It would be nice if there's a space where you can order it without being swarmed by kids. Like a side of the bar. I couldn't handle Cove Bar in the early days of open with all the kids (and their parents) waiting for Ariel's wandering around.

I will just say that even though its supposedly going to be kept to the Cantina, I am not a fan of it. There is already more then enough places for people to get alcoholic drinks between DCA, DTD and the hotels. I like a drink once in awhile but not when I'm out having a good time with my kids.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I will just say that even though its supposedly going to be kept to the Cantina, I am not a fan of it. There is already more then enough places for people to get alcoholic drinks between DCA, DTD and the hotels. I like a drink once in awhile but not when I'm out having a good time with my kids.
    I agree with you; there is liquor at DCA, Downtown Disney, and the hotels and I would prefer to see DL not do the same...I don't mean to sound like a prude, but I just don't think it should be served at Disneyland Park.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker44 View Post
    So much THIS!! This was a huge issue for me last December in DCA (I know I ranted about it in another post) Go ahead, enjoy the sauce INSIDE an established restaurant or bar designed for the purpose... and where properly trained servers can keep an eye on those over indulging. There just isn't any need, or purpose to be served by wandering around a family-designed amusement park with open alcohol in your hand.
    and now you can mobile order at the karl straus beer stand- what?
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    and now you can mobile order at the karl straus beer stand- what?
    Oh I saw that. SMH I did notice that the others that service alcohol and are under the mobile order have it as well to order. It said you had to show ID at pick up for it.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Oh I saw that. SMH I did notice that the others that service alcohol and are under the mobile order have it as well to order. It said you had to show ID at pick up for it.
    i mean, I'm a beer drinker so I'm not against having these in the parks - and I've ranted previously how much focus is put on making this available more readily. I can understand mobile order as part of your meal - but at a beer stand? Hmmm.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

i mean, I'm a beer drinker so I'm not against having these in the parks - and I've ranted previously how much focus is put on making this available more readily. I can understand mobile order as part of your meal - but at a beer stand? Hmmm.
    Oh I like a beer here and there or a good drink but like I said when I am with my kids that is the last thing I will do. Even though they are older, I am still the one responsible for them. But I do agree about there being to much focus put on it being so available and with a beer stand as part of mobile ordering it makes another way to do so. While with the other options its not the main focus but it is there so it does make you shake your head and wonder what they are thinking.

I fear this is the beginning of the end for a "family park". I remember that when DCA first opened, alcohol was to be served at only a couple of sit down restaurants. It was not long before they were serving it everywhere (now as I remember my last count it is 19 places that sell). Over the last few years my group has left DCA due to the spring break atmosphere that occurs later in the day at DCA. I enjoy alcohol responsibly, however a lot of people do not. I have no problem with them serving it at a couple of sit down restaurants. But I know they will not stop at just a few restaurants. I guess it will not be long before you can grab a beer while walking down main street.

I realize this is stretching it a bit, however Disney closes Bugs land in favor of Marvels land. They are clearly letting Toon Town go to pot. These are the only two lands for kids. Seems they are only interested in attracting older visitors to a more adult park complete with alcohol every few feet. Maybe Disney will re-theme Tom Sawyer's Island as Pleasure Island?

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    I fear this is the beginning of the end for a "family park". I remember that when DCA first opened, alcohol was to be served at only a couple of sit down restaurants. It was not long before they were serving it everywhere (now as I remember my last count it is 19 places that sell). Over the last few years my group has left DCA due to the spring break atmosphere that occurs later in the day at DCA. I enjoy alcohol responsibly, however a lot of people do not. I have no problem with them serving it at a couple of sit down restaurants. But I know they will not stop at just a few restaurants. I guess it will not be long before you can grab a beer while walking down main street.

I realize this is stretching it a bit, however Disney closes Bugs land in favor of Marvels land. They are clearly letting Toon Town go to pot. These are the only two lands for kids. Seems they are only interested in attracting older visitors to a more adult park complete with alcohol every few feet. Maybe Disney will re-theme Tom Sawyer's Island as Pleasure Island?
    BTW, Bug's land was the only dry spot in DCA and I can bet with it being flipped to Marvel we shall see at least 1-2 more places to sell alcohol in the parks. I honestly hope we never seen where you can grab a beer on Main St. or have someone in line with their toddlers for Dumbo while they chug down their beer but with the addiction of it in Star Wars it does make you question things. It really bugged me when they were pushing the Lamplight Lounge as not just a place to get drinks but as family friendly all in the same breath. IMO those things do not go hand in hand.

I would order from Bayside Brews. We were waiting over there for Paint the Night after late lunch appetizers at Lamplight Lounge. I wasn't really hungry for dinner, but would have shared a pretzel. The line was so long I thought one of use would miss the parade. I probably would have ordered a soda too. Just because a location also serves alcohol doesn't mean that's all people are going to mobile order.

Blog Entries

I can't wait for the cocktail bar to open inside Goofy's Kitchen next...
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...eyland-resort/

LOL That might make the "screaming toddlers/babies whose parents are shoving them a huge characters for a photo op" a bit more tolerable. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Not to mention help kill the germs after they reach under the sneeze guards.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    You can already order adult beverages at Goofy's Kitchen.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    You can already order adult beverages at Goofy's Kitchen.
    Yes but is it a cocktail bar with unique concoctions where I can spend some fun times hanging out....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I bet the pricing will be out of this world

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    I've ordered mimosas at Goofy's a number of times.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

In my opinion the only place inside Disneyland should be selling alcohol should be Club 33 and no place else. If someone wants to have a few drinks, then they should go to either DTD, DCA or off site.

People who go in there could end up blastered if they are not cautious.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    People who go in there could end up blastered if they are not cautious.
    Han shot first