Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walking to trams

Walking to trams

For an up coming trip I was thinking of staying at one of the hotels on W. Ball and Disneyland Dr.(Majestic Garden, Days Inn, Travel lodge etc.) is it possible to walk to the trams from there through the parking structure or is that more of a no pedestrian area?

2. # ADS

I haven't tried it, but I think it's not intended to be accessible to outside foot traffic. The only walkable way in is through an employee parking area with a security checkpoint. You can walk down Disneyland Drive though. The sidewalk runs all the way down to Magic Way and beyond along the east side. No cars or driveways to deal with until you cross the street at Magic Way. Or you can walk down Walnut Street on the west side, but you still have to walk all the way down to Magic Way and (currently) all the way to the corner of Magic Way and Disneyland Drive to access the tram loading area in the parking structure. There's a big fence around the parking area and a new parking structure being built between Magic Way and the Mickey & Friends parking structure.

I've heard that the CM parking lot (Pluto?) is no longer accessible to pedestrians. You can walk along Ball to Disneyland Dr., go south on Disneyland Dr. (east side only -- sidewalk ends on the west side) to Magic Way, cross at the light -- there is an entrance to M&F right there on the corner. Take the path directly to bag check and board the trams.

thanks for the info

What is the best route to just walk all the way to the park from Disneyland Drive & Ball Road?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    What is the best route to just walk all the way to the park from Disneyland Drive & Ball Road?
    Walk south on Disneyland Dr. (stay on the east side because the sidewalk ends south of Ball Rd. on the west side) to Magic Way. Cross going west on Magic Way and continue toward the next signal. Cross going toward Downtown Disney (head toward the DLH and ESPN Zone). You can go through bag check at either a)between what used to be EOS and ESPN Zone (by the DLH) or b) between what used to be ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe. Both bag check areas are rarely backed up. Then continue through DTD all the way to the gates!

Thank you for information. I with my family will go in Disneyland this summer.

Things could be different by summer 2019, so keep checking to see what the status of the construction is and where the location of the security check points is right before your visit.