Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: A Last Look at 'A Bug's Land'

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

A Last Look at 'A Bug's Land'

A Last Look at 'A Bug's Land' by Lisa Stiglic

Lisa Stiglic says farewell as the area dims its lightning bugs to make way for Marvel.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

A few historical corrections for you: "Sun Plaza" was never a name used in DCA (it was "Sunshine Plaza"); what is now Hollywood Land was Hollywood Pictures Backlot when the park opened; and the park was originally divided into four Districts: the aforementioned Backlot, Golden State District (which included numerous sub-areas like Condor Flats and Bountiful Valley Farm), Paradise Pier, and Entry Plaza. NNTTM.

This article made me so sad. Heimlich is my daughters very favorite ride. I will never forget all of her giggles each time we rode it. I took some pretty extensive video on our last trip since I knew we wouldn't be able to go see Bugs Land again before it was gone.

I loved reading this even though it made me sad. Thank you!

Duly noted. A quick glance at an old map would have reminded me of the correct locations. The "Sun Plaza" was the nickname. Thanks for reading and responding. (:

Thanks for reading. A lot of parents of littles who visited A Bug's Land feel the same.

This is still really bothersome for me. It was the first and only place I like about DCA when we first went in 2006. Ever since, it's been a favorite of my kids. Heimlich will be the biggest loss. The kids always loved the burps and all his funny quips. I wish they would've extended the boundaries of the park to add Marvel Land. All they did was eliminate a kid area for probably less overall rides.

But money is money, and kids don't scream to go to Bug's land, but twenty-somethings will pay big to ride the new Marvel rides. Still, they could've kept this area.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Good riddance. The only attraction I liked was It's Tough to Be a Bug which still exists at DAK.