Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Ghost Galaxy Overlay

Ghost Galaxy Overlay

Please excuse this question as I know it's been asked before, but when I tried to search for "ghost" "galaxy" or "overlay" it just wasn't coming up with what I was looking for.

We're looking at doing a family trip this fall before AP's are done on Nov. 17th. It's my youngest favorite time of year because she loves TNBC overlay on Haunted Mansion. That being said, my 3rd born loves Space Mountain but not the Ghost Galaxy overlay. I FEEL like I read on here somewhere that they usually get the overlay off of Space pretty quickly. Based on the last couple years and since the Christmas Holidays start on the 7th, do you think we could squeeze in a trip between the 7th and the 17th and Space will be up and running again? Barring Disney doesn't have it down for some refurbishment.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

Last year Space Mountain was closed on November 1 to remove the Ghost Galaxy overlay (according to previous MP Disneyland Resort Update). I believe it only closed for the one day, then it was back up the next day as regular Space Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Last year Space Mountain was closed on November 1 to remove the Ghost Galaxy overlay (according to previous MP Disneyland Resort Update). I believe it only closed for the one day, then it was back up the next day as regular Space Mountain.
    Thanks for checking the DRU, duh me!! And thanks for replying. Looks like this should make all of my people happy!

Sonetimes they aren't even down for removal. We were there in June when they went from Hyper space to regular and they did it overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Sonetimes they aren't even down for removal. We were there in June when they went from Hyper space to regular and they did it overnight.
    Oh, that would be great! Thanks!