Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fastpass Help Wanted!

Fastpass Help Wanted!

Hi All - I can't book our fp+ until October, but I'm trying to get prepared!

I'm assuming the ones I need to be most concerned with getting are Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, and Seven Dwarfs. Does that sound right?
    Do you think a fp is necessary for Rivers of Light in early December?
    Also, what time of day does fp booking start? Midnight Eastern Time or in the morning?

I've booked fp+ before but haven't kept up with any changes there may have been to the system (our last trip was Sept 2016) and honestly I don't remember everything.

I'd love any and all info, thanks!

~Annie

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by anniedg View Post
    Hi All - I can't book our fp+ until October, but I'm trying to get prepared!

I'm assuming the ones I need to be most concerned with getting are Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, and Seven Dwarfs. Does that sound right?
    Well...I think that depends on what rides/attractions YOU are most interested in! We never got a FP for the Seven Dwarfs, although we did head there right at park opening the time we did the ride. For us it was a one & done kinda ride. That being said, I'd say just concentrate on what interests you & those you are traveling with and book your FP to reflect that.
    As far as what time you can start making FP selections, it seems to be 7 AM EST according to this:

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney....ations-321054/

Have fun making your FP selections!

Agree with what ericles stated. We just booked our FPs last week for our October stay, and we were able to get Slinky Dog Dash, but not Flight of Passage. Also, the window opened at 7am EST for us to book them. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! I was just chatting with our letter carrier who's going in November and staying club level at the Poly. She said they got to select fps 80 days out - I had no idea! Makes sense because some of these are so dang hard to get. We have one day with a predicted crowd level of 1/10 and two that are 2/10 so hopefully we can get Flight of Passage in even if it's standby.

I'm in mountain time so I'll get up early and start trying at 5a our time!

~Annie

Better Mountain than Pacific

Another thing to keep in mind for Flights of Passage (especially) is that people who are staying more than a day can book all of their FP+ when their window opens. So when we were there in January the only day that we could book our FP+ was the last day of our trip. I went ahead and did it for my family because I could, but was unable to get it for other members of our party who did not have park admission for the find day of our trip.

We did the standby line on the hotel guest early entry day (along with what felt like 90% of the other hotel guests) and even though the line was long it moved fairly quickly. We were warned that they will sometimes open the park earlier than announced and to make sure you are there extra, extra early. We were early, but not early enough to be anywhere near the front of the stand-by line.

Also, keep in mind that after you make your initial choices, you can try to switch them. Just try once a day to see if something opens up. It has in the past for me, especially at 60 days in advance or slightly less.

And what others have said is true: if you can't score a fastpass, just try to be at the park early, especially if an extra magic hours is running; Slinky was only a 25 minute wait last Sunday morning, and my son and I didn't get to the park until about 15 minutes after opening, and that was with extra resort goers in attendance due to an extra magic hours that morning. Same probably holds for Flights and 7 Dwarves.

I liked Slinky and obviously 7 Dwarves so much more that the Avatar rides; I just never got into the movie, so even with the grand technological success that is the Flight, it left me a bit flat. I just couldn't connect with it.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime