Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Star Wars Food and Drink coming to Galaxy's Edge?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Star Wars Food and Drink coming to Galaxy's Edge?

Star Wars Food and Drink coming to Galaxy's Edge? by Todd King

The movie Solo: A Star Wars Story and the book Thrawn: Alliances offer some new possible food and drink ideas for our visit to Batuu

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Disney Animation Fan

Slight correction: Greer, Leia's aide, could drink Port in a Storm because she was a native of the planet it was made on, and she drinks it on a mission to that world.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
    Slight correction: Greer, Leia's aide, could drink Port in a Storm because she was a native of the planet it was made on, and she drinks it on a mission to that world.
    You're right. It still takes a special person/life-form able to stand it. I wonder if it would go well with a turkey (or porg) leg? Cheers!

~`` todd
    ~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

Porg on a stick would be great, but I am not holding my breath there . It also might be a bit difficult to eat as theme park food, but a Turkey Leg isn't without challenge either, so who knows?

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Porg on a stick would be great, but I am not holding my breath there . It also might be a bit difficult to eat as theme park food, but a Turkey Leg isn't without challenge either, so who knows?
    Right. Guests probably wouldn't want to eat anything labeled "Porg" even if it was just a turkey leg--although they should probably serve turkey leg anyway ... and then guests can decide to call it Porg if they want to. Maybe the turkey leg could be that thing that lured Chewbacca into the Ewok net trap on Endor in Return of the Jedi ...?
    ~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwin View Post
    Right. Guests probably wouldn't want to eat anything labeled "Porg" even if it was just a turkey leg--although they should probably serve turkey leg anyway ... and then guests can decide to call it Porg if they want to. Maybe the turkey leg could be that thing that lured Chewbacca into the Ewok net trap on Endor in Return of the Jedi ...?

If they do "Porgs", I think it has to be little cornish game hens to work. (but I also think it would upset many people rather than entertain them, so I don't really think they will do it - I can see the reactions already in my mind, and it's not pretty ) I was just comparing to Turkey Legs as they are difficult to eat (I've only tried one once, and I found it to be very good, but more of a challenge than I would like for quick serve food), to me a Turkey Leg is way too big to be considered Porg .

The Chewbacca idea is interesting. If not for the full immersion they are going for in the new land, I could see it as a cartoony thing for Chewbacca to be eating. (I can see the poster now : "Well, he couldn't bring himself to eat a Porg, but he says Turkey legs at Galaxy's Edge are really tasty!")
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    If they do "Porgs", I think it has to be little cornish game hens to work. (but I also think it would upset many people rather than entertain them, so I don't really think they will do it - I can see the reactions already in my mind, and it's not pretty ) I was just comparing to Turkey Legs as they are difficult to eat (I've only tried one once, and I found it to be very good, but more of a challenge than I would like for quick serve food), to me a Turkey Leg is way too big to be considered Porg .

The Chewbacca idea is interesting. If not for the full immersion they are going for in the new land, I could see it as a cartoony thing for Chewbacca to be eating. (I can see the poster now : "Well, he couldn't bring himself to eat a Porg, but he says Turkey legs at Galaxy's Edge are really tasty!")
    Ha ha ha! Yes, I love that poster with Chewie shilling for the 'roasted porg treat' - so funny!
    ~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Given that they've pretty much established porgs as sentient creatures, I don't think they can go back and make them actual food. They had the one scene in Last Jedi, but I'm guessing that's it since that was before Chewie knew better. I'd also wonder how the porg got transported to Batuu. If they even served turkey legs in Batuu, I think they'd have to call it something else. I don't think there's been anything from the real world that's made it's way into the Star Wars universe.

I'm interested to see what they come up with. I wasn't as impressed as I expected to be with the food that was made for the world of Avatar.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...