Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Universal Restaurant Recommendations

Universal Restaurant Recommendations

So my dad and I have decided to stay onsite at Universal Florida for a week in November. Looking for restaurant recommendations since we have never stayed at the hotels.

Last edited by daisyd0; 08-05-2018 at 11:40 AM.

2. # ADS

Which hotel are you staying at? City walk is full of restaurants and you can walk in and out of Universal and Island of Adventures to Citywalk within 10 minutes.
    We like Mythos and Confiscos at Island of Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    Which hotel are you staying at? City walk is full of restaurants and you can walk in and out of Universal and Island of Adventures to Citywalk within 10 minutes.
    We like Mythos and Confiscos at Island of Adventures.
    Hi thanks for your response. We will be staying at Portofino Bay. We dont mind where the restaurant is located, just looking for some ideas as to what people think are some of the better ones. I have been looking at the menus online for ideas but opinions of others certainly are helpful.

At City Walk this trip we went back to Cowfish, really like the burgers and milkshakes there. We also tried the Chocolate Emporium that was good food and a fun atmosphere.

About three years ago we had dinner at the restaurant at Portofino Bay it was very good but again that was three years ago, so things could have changed.

We did not eat in any of the Harry Potter restaurants this trip but have in the past, they were just ok but I believe both have undergone a menu change since our stay three years ago.

At City Walk this trip we went back to Cowfish, really like the burgers and milkshakes there. We also tried the Chocolate Emporium that was good food and a fun atmosphere.

About three years ago we had dinner at the restaurant at Portofino Bay it was very good but again that was three years ago, so things could have changed.

We did not eat in any of the Harry Potter restaurants this trip but have in the past, they were just ok but I believe both have undergone a menu change since our stay three years ago.
    Really appreciate you sharing your opinions. I am intrigued with the Cowfish menu, it is an interesting concept .

Also, being a chocoholic, I am considering the chocolate emporium as well.

I hope to check back in after my trip with my opinions of where we ate.

At least go to the Chocolate Emporium! It is a restaurant as well as a chocolate shop, so you don’t have to eat there to get the yummy chocolate. They also have huge milk shakes with things like cupcakes on them! It’s intense.

Citywalk also has Margaritaville, Bubba Gump, a cute hot dog place etc....

My daughter reminded me that the pool causal service restaurant at the Hard Rock hotel was really good. It might be called the beach club? It’s an outdoor bar type place but if you are looking for a very causal lunch might be worth it to try.

My daughter reminded me that the pool causal service restaurant at the Hard Rock hotel was really good. It might be called the beach club? It’s an outdoor bar type place but if you are looking for a very causal lunch might be worth it to try.
    Thanks for the tip. Will look into it.

Thanks, I also look for a restaurant to visit on a vacation

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.

Back from my trip. We are at Trattoria del Porto for breakfast twice and once for dinner. Food and service was fine. Also tried the Islands Dining Room at the Royal Pacific Hotel. My dinner was good, got the salmon bowl; my dads dinner was just average, he ordered the beef stir fry. Best meal of the trip was at Bice at the Portofino Bay Hotel. My ravioli stuffed with braised short rib was outstanding; my dads filet was delicious. Service at Bice was professional and polished.

All of the restaurants we ate at were very quiet and not busy. Though we were traveling during a low occupancy week, it was eerily quiet.