Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What are the chances?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida

    Lightbulb What are the chances?

    We are waitlisted for the BoardWalk Resort at the end of November. What are the chances we will be able to get our 5 night stay?


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    GusMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Blog Entries
    17

    You have a better chance at getting maybe a split stay... but thats still going to be rather tough. The last two weeks of the month, F&W is just ending and the Thanksgiving crowd is starting to come in.

    Do you have a room somewhere else already or are you just shooting for the BW as your first and only choice?

    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

    The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    You have a better chance at getting maybe a split stay... but thats still going to be rather tough. The last two weeks of the month, F&W is just ending and the Thanksgiving crowd is starting to come in.

    Do you have a room somewhere else already or are you just shooting for the BW as your first and only choice?
    Yes, we have a room at Old Key West. Over the years we have had a hard time getting into the BW any time of year. Just hoping that something might break our way.
    Thanks for your input.

  5. #4
    Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    GusMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Blog Entries
    17

    You have a room and thats the best situation.
    If you go over to the members site, you can look at different availability. It may give you a hint as to what your chances might be. The key is to be flexible... consider split stays... and when in doubt, give Member Services a call to confirm.

    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

    The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    You have a room and thats the best situation.
    If you go over to the members site, you can look at different availability. It may give you a hint as to what your chances might be. The key is to be flexible... consider split stays... and when in doubt, give Member Services a call to confirm.
    That's funny you would say that. I spoke with member services yesterday and we are open to a split stay. We don't really mind Old Key West because it seems we get more room for our buck but we just have this thing about walking in through the back door of Epcot. I guess we are getting particular in our old age.

  7. #6
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    AVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Happy Homeowner
    Blog Entries
    261

    Keep checking back. We scored a same-day Tree House! on our first trip to Walt Disney World with our kids, after I called on a whim and snagged a cancellation. It was amazing.

    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

    MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Keep checking back. We scored a same-day Tree House! on our first trip to Walt Disney World with our kids, after I called on a whim and snagged a cancellation. It was amazing.
    Thanks Adrienne! I figure as it gets closer maybe more people might be making their changes? I will definitely keep checking back.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •