Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for July 31 - August 6, 2018

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for July 31 - August 6, 2018

Walt Disney World Resort Update for July 31 - August 6, 2018 by Alan S. Dalinka

Disney Launches More Environmental Conservation Initiatives | New American Indian Art Exhibit Opens at Epcot | Walt Disney World Resort Projects: Status Check | Learn to Surf at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon | Epcot Concert & Candlelight Calendar

Read it here!

2. # ADS

My favorite headline on this topic:

Disney sucked into straw hysteria.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

Well, considering most of the garbage in the oceans come from countries other than the US, hysteria is the correct word. What are we going to do, go to war with those other countries to make them stop throwing crud into the ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Well, considering most of the garbage in the oceans come from countries other than the US, hysteria is the correct word. What are we going to do, go to war with those other countries to make them stop throwing crud into the ocean?
    I just had a great idea! President Trump should tweet at them and get them to stop throwing garbage into the ocean!

MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Setting an example by reducing ourselves is a good way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Setting an example by reducing ourselves is a good way to do it.
    Well, since most of the data I see says we only contribute 5% to the problem, I think we have set an awesome example already. I would be all for the fishing industry being more vigilant about leaving no nets behind. Don't think banning straws will do diddly for the problem.

Well, since most of the data I see says we only contribute 5% to the problem, I think we have set an awesome example already. I would be all for the fishing industry being more vigilant about leaving no nets behind. Don't think banning straws will do diddly for the problem.
    Not to be all scientist about it, but according to your own facts, if we as a country were to stop using straws altogether, then we would be alleviating 5% of the problem, correct? Which means it would be more than “diddly”, because any reduction in waste is a good thing. Unless problem #1 is different than problem #2 in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by H20loo View Post
    Not to be all scientist about it, but according to your own facts, if we as a country were to stop using straws altogether, then we would be alleviating 5% of the problem, correct? Which means it would be more than “diddly”, because any reduction in waste is a good thing. Unless problem #1 is different than problem #2 in your post.
    Yes, you are much, much smarter than I. Thank you for sharing.