Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Attraction breakdowns - a moan

Attraction breakdowns - a moan

So I’m just back from our most recent two week trip and we experienced more temporary ride closures / failures than in all our previous 9 trips together. Really made a mess of a couple of our days plans and not good enough for the price of the tickets. I know this happens but it shouldn’t happen this much. In one day at MK the following attractions were down. Space (at opening and we were front of line having entered the park an hour early and patiently waited for rip drop. Touring plan ruined). Pirates. Journey Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid. Splash. We were held on this on a climb for 20 minutes before we were walked off the ride. At AK we arrived very early to ride Navi and it was down at park opening with no info about when it would open. We were stuck on a stopped and fully lit up Dinosaur for 30 minutes. Test Track was down at Epcot three times during our stay. DHS was basically a park with only 2 attractions open one day. Electrical faults I think. Really disappointing. At least we had lots of days to make return visits. If this has been a short trip, as most of these events happened in our first 4 days, it would have ruined the whole visit.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

2. # ADS

Sorry to hear that, you certainly experienced a lot of breakdowns. That is extremely frustrating. Did you at least receive some all access Fast Passes for Dinosaur since you were on the ride when it stopped?

Thats one ride I always want to get stuck on so I can see what it looks like in the light.

Scooby, sorry to hear about all your ride breakdowns. Our trip in July 2017 was similar, I was walked off Test track twice, whole family was walked off of Splash Mountain one day and the next day when we rode it again we were stopped at the bottom of the drop in the hot, hot July sun for about twenty minutes. All the other stops where mostly either slow downs for slower guests or temporary glitches that didn’t necessarily take away from the ride experience.
    Frustrating for sure but not a lot that can be done about it. I think the summer heat and humidity gets to the rides as well as the guests.

That does sound like a lot. I may have seen something similar at MK once (seem to recall SDMT, Big Thunder and some other E-ticket all down at once for a few hours one day).

When you had the NRJ issue at DAK, do you know if FoP was also down at the same time? 2 days in a row last October, both rides were down at park opening and didn't open for at least 2 1/2 hours after the park opened (that's when I gave up - one day I know neither opened until early afternoon, but I never found out when they opened on the second day). There were rumors that there could be some sort of building related issue rather than something specific to each ride, as they are housed in the same structure. The rides may be too integrated with the building itself if that is actually true.

Hope your trip was otherwise pleasant (weather, etc).

-Dave

Daisy0. Yes we had three free FPP but we couldn’t use two of them unfortunately. Dinosaur is interesting with the lights on. The theming is really in a pretty thin line once all the lights are on. Very clever how it looks to sense in the dark.

Dave. No, FoP was running but there were three separate South American tour groups in line for it. One group consisted of about 200 teenage girls they were everywhere all day. They were unfortunately very loud and collectively mostly very rude. While queuing to get into the park they were threatened will expulsion from the parks twice. That was before the rope was even dropped.... the other two groups were large but not that large and certainly much better behaved.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

It seems like there have been many, more frequent breakdowns over the last year or so. No idea if it's just bad luck, or deferred maintenance, or union sabotage. With ever- increasing prices and crowds, this is not an acceptable trend. Wish us luck for October!

Nick Andrews, DL (numerous) '74-76, '85, '91?, 12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13
    ,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW College Program) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    It seems like there have been many, more frequent breakdowns over the last year or so. No idea if it's just bad luck, or deferred maintenance, or union sabotage. With ever- increasing prices and crowds, this is not an acceptable trend. Wish us luck for October!
    Maybe you should just skip your trip. Wouldn't want to run into any radical union members.

Or it could be the huge diversion of funds to pay for Bob Igers salary that might be the issue. Just think if they cut that by even 1/4 they could pay their repair people more and hire more of them to boot. Keep more spares on hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Or it could be the huge diversion of funds to pay for Bob Igers salary that might be the issue. Just think if they cut that by even 1/4 they could pay their repair people more and hire more of them to boot. Keep more spares on hand too.
    What diversion of funds? Why do people always just think they can steal from one person to do other things, and there wouldn't be any consequences?

Aw, really sorry to hear this, Scooby. I can remember us going to Disneyland Paris one year when both Big Thunder & Pirates were down for major overhauls, which basically left us with Phantom Manor as the only big ride we could both do in that park!

We've only ever been evacuated from one ride, TSM, a couple of years ago. My lifelong ambition is to be walked out of Spaceship Earth with the lights on!

Hope you had a wonderful time other than this, and we need to meet up soon .......

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
    Aw, really sorry to hear this, Scooby. I can remember us going to Disneyland Paris one year when both Big Thunder & Pirates were down for major overhauls, which basically left us with Phantom Manor as the only big ride we could both do in that park!

We've only ever been evacuated from one ride, TSM, a couple of years ago. My lifelong ambition is to be walked out of Spaceship Earth with the lights on!

Hope you had a wonderful time other than this, and we need to meet up soon .......
    That could be a challenging walk down from the top!