Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Sadly GUY FIERI is to open a restaurant at Disney World

Blog Entries

Sadly GUY FIERI is to open a restaurant at Disney World

Today, 03:55 PM
    https://people.com/food/guy-fieri-di...isney-springs/

Here is worst NY Times restaurant review in recent years awarded to Fieri's recently closed Times Square restaurant:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/d...es-square.html

[Mod note: entire article copy/paste removed. See article at link]
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 07-27-2018 at 03:52 PM.

2. # ADS

He already did basically, or maybe you missed the avalanche of publicity when Planet Hollywood reopened.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

Here is worst NY Times restaurant review in recent years awarded to Fieri's recently closed Times Square restaurant:

[Mod note: entire article copy/paste removed. See article at link]
    Links got corrupted. Both are "404" now. The "..." shown remains in the actual links, therefore they don't work.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Links got corrupted. Both are "404" now. The "..." shown remains in the actual links, therefore they don't work.
    And if you don't want to eat at chicken guys, you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    And if you don't want to eat at chicken guys, you don't have to.
    No argument there. I was just a little curious about what the stories were about and the broken links prevented that.

I googled NY times and Guy Fieri and saw several ancient stories criticizing his Times Square restaurant, but I assumed (perhaps mistakenly) that there was an article from recently, perhaps in the last week/month regarding something new planned for DS.

I'm apparently out of the loop as to what he will be opening new in DS. That's OK. I'll evaluate on my own once it actually opens to see if it may interest me. (To be honest, there are probably more than a few places I might like to try there, but I have difficulty justifying leaving the parks too often during vacations just to try out the food.)
    -Dave

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

From the info in the link to the NY Times article, it's from 2012. A bad review from an entirely different restaurant from 6 years ago?

I think I went to one of his restaurants in Vegas. It was fine. I'm not particularly interested in visiting the Disney Springs restaurant. I'm sure that will mean the downfall of their business.

Why the crying emoji? Someone gonna force you to go there?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I love Guy Fieri! I really enjoy his show Diners and Dives. Looking forward to trying this new place out.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My take is this... Im less attracted to a celeb eatery unless the food is actually really good. So, I guess I will have to try it and reserve judgement till that time.

All I know is that I tried a place that he endorsed on DD&D, and it was meh at best... (And to him is was "off the CHAIN" or "off the HOOK" or some other big thing to him....)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    My take is this... Im less attracted to a celeb eatery unless the food is actually really good. So, I guess I will have to try it and reserve judgement till that time.

All I know is that I tried a place that he endorsed on DD&D, and it was meh at best... (And to him is was "off the CHAIN" or "off the HOOK" or some other big thing to him....)
    I know what you're saying. Just because someone is a celebrity doesn't make their opinion any more valid than a random person on the streets' opinion. And a lot of places change after a TV show visit too.

Well, I at least know what we are all talking about now, since Alan covered it in this week's WDW Update. Sounds like a quick service with a focus on chicken tender variations.

I'm sure it may be a good idea, especially for people visiting DS with kids who love chicken fingers, but I doubt I will specifically seek it out. There are other quick/counter service places there that I think might be good to try at DS that I still haven't been to (Blaze Pizza and the Burger place being the 2 that come to mind).

I hope it does well for those who may enjoy it.

-Dave

Yeah, it's more options, so what's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Sounds like a quick service with a focus on chicken tender variations.
    Thats basically it...
    The thing is, it was also touted as cheap eats. Well, that appears to be the case till you realize that its still $11+ for a combo meal of sorts. Im all for some good Tenders on occasion, but those border on in-park prices.

You can get more for less at Blaze, if you ask me. (And you can split it between two people easier.)

Again - Ill probably try it... But there are a lot of eats I have not tried yet.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

That's the funny thing to me. Our next trip is for Food and Wine, so we'll be at Epcot a lot and Toy Story Land as well as Pandora so parents can see it at night. Disney Springs is really just a time filler for us.

Just got a Samsung S9+ and while I've never put much faith in phone cameras versus real ones, I do intend to use it more on this trip to see how it does. I'll still carry my RX-100 V though...

Blog Entries

So far, people that have tried the new eatery say its pretty good and the price is reasonable for what you get.

Thumbs up Guy Fieri has opened a new restaruant at Walt Disney World!!!!

Yea!!! Can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Yea!!! Can't wait to try it!
    I tried to be a smart aleck and look what happened.

I've eaten at his restaurants in Windsor, CA and Louisville, KY. Both were very. very good for the price...they are mid-range, bar and grill style, so not expecting high-end dining. One problem with the eateries on D,D & D is that the restaurants know he's there and put out their best food that day....leading to a YMMV when you try them. Also, they often get quite popular after they're on the show and they don't always do a good job of handling the bigger crowds and keeping the quality up.

I'm hopeful that this new eatery is good, but I'm not sure I personally will want chicken strips. I'd rather have Earl of Sandwich that I can't get at home! That's my same issue with Blaze...it's super similar to several places we have here at home. I want something I can't get at home when I'm at WDW.

DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    So far, people that have tried the new eatery say its pretty good and the price is reasonable for what you get.
    Yeah ... We tried twice just to make sure we gave it a good chance. It's fine. Nothing special obviously, but it's basically park fare (to me) but the price point was reasonable considering what & where it is.

I'd still rather eat at Blaze or other places that are similar in price point if that's what you are going for.

At least it's not another hideous, stinky Starbucks.