Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Ways to Turn 50 at Walt Disney World

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Ways to Turn 50 at Walt Disney World

My Disney Top 5 - Ways to Turn 50 at Walt Disney World by Chris Barry

Chris gets ready to celebrate his first half century at Walt Disney World

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I love the Wilderness Lodge and we have had excellent dinners at Artist Point before. However, we have like you, had one of the best meals of our lives at the California Grill and if I was turning 50 again that would be hands down where I would have dinner if I wanted to stay close to the Magic Kingdom. The other option would be the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We were there in May and the service was incredible and the steaks were perfect. I understand not wanting to come all the way back to the resort from the MK but we would not hesitate to eat at the YS for any special occasion.
    We have been a little disappointed lately that we can't get any reservations at California Grill for our next trip in September. We will keep trying.
    Happy 50th Birthday!

Chris -- you are too young to worry about spending all day at MK. Four years ago, I celebrated my 70th at WDW - in a park from open to close. Due to some work responsibilities & the fact that my actual birthday was Mother's Day, we went home the day before. But we spent a week enjoying some Mickey magic. We ate great lobster at Fulton Crab House, before it closed and became Paddlefish, dined with chip & dale at Garden Grill. Why would anyone chose not to celebrate a birthday, retirement or any other occasion at WDW?
    -- Jim

Funny, I was just thinking about going to Disney for my 50th in February! Great timing! I would say I would likely add a trip to V&A's to my trip, but then again, I won't be going with 23 people!

Happy Birthday Chris!!!

Turned 50 myself in May. Did a different trip than WDW for the day, itself, but will be visiting Mickey for a celebration some time this year.

Glad you had a great trip!

Enjoy! If I hadnt moved down the street from Walt Disney World a few years ago l, I would probably have planned a similar trip here. Hope You get a chance to say hello.

Regards,
    Alan S Dalinka

Happy Birthday Chris! I too spent my 50th at the Yacht Club. It was just DH and myself and they made a note about my 50th. Well, I was chosen resort family! And was upgraded to the concierge level!! Don't forget to get a birthday button and announce to everyone that you are 50. You can run into other birthday guests and have some extra WDW fun.

Enjoy! GnP

Happy 50th, Chris!!! I've enjoyed many fine birthdays at the World, but the most memorable was when I turned 40, (mumble mumble) years ago. I had spent the previous 3 weeks learning to scuba dive, and my first official dive was in the Living Seas on my 40th, followed by dinner at the Coral Reef. So I got to enjoy the fish from both sides of the glass!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor