Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I made it! Finally!

So I made my first visit with my annual pass. It was meant to be a quick stop for dinner at Columbia Harbour House and the maybe a ride, but it turned into an entire afternoon. I can grocery shop any time, right?

Any trick to sharing photos?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    So I made my first visit with my annual pass. It was meant to be a quick stop for dinner at Columbia Harbour House and the maybe a ride, but it turned into an entire afternoon. I can grocery shop any time, right?

Any trick to sharing photos?
    Congrats! I imagine the feeling is quite different once it sinks in that this can be a new somewhat regular diversion and you don't have to rush around to do things like on a limited vacation.

Photos can be attached to your post by clicking the little thing that looks like a slide with a picture of a tree (3rd from all the way to the right in the normal view). When you click that, it should spawn a pop-up that will let you navigate to wherever the picture is, and then select it. If the default mechanism hangs up (happens to me once in a while) - click on "Basic Uploader" to the lower right of the pop-up and it should let you easily browse around to pic the photo you want to post.

If you "go advanced", it's in the location I outlined in red below. Same icon as the normal view, just different spot. The result will be a section of text in HTML with "attach" tags surrounding a number (assigned by the system for the upload). Repeat for multiple pictures if you wish, probably best to put a carriage return after doing each one.

mpad-pic.jpg
    -Dave

Oh my gosh! Congratulations Pete!! I'm really happy for you!
    I'll need to get back to checking mousepad regularly, looking forward to updates and especially photos!

~Annie

Yes, I keep meaning to sit down at a "normal" computer to add some glitz to this thread with some pictures, but please be patient. I'm still trying to find my rhythm with the new job, so I'm still a bit stressed out. But weekends like this past one certainly help.

My son and I dashed over to Hollywood Studios for the evening on Friday night so that he could get his annual pass. In the few hours we were there, we managed to ride all the big rides except for slinky. They had extra magic hours, and right before it started, the park opened up like the parting of the Red Sea: we were able to walk onto Rockin' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror, I mean, literally walk on. We had a brief wait for Toy Story Mania, and a virtual walk on to Star Tours. By the way, what is with the Wookie Planet? We always seem to get that one. We also saw a bit of the movie spectacular on our way to Tower of Terror. Great show!

We we woke up early the next morning to return to HS, and even though it was early extra magic hours, we still only had to wait about 25 minutes for the Slinky ride ( I'm sure it has an official name, sorry, lol). What a fun ride! So smooth and fast, and gleeful; I couldn't stop laughing. What fun! We hopped a Star Tour and finally got an episode VIII episode! It was right out of the movie; so very cool! We dropped by to see Woody and friends again for a little egg tossing and plate breaking, and then switched over to Magic Kingdom. We were able to catch a bus directly from the Studios to MK. I love that flexibility.

I tell you, the only downside to the annual pass is that you can only make fastpass reservations a month in advance. Believe it or not, the 7 Dwarves ride is still so popular that I was not able to secure a fastpass over the coming four weeks. We'll have to do the rope drop or wait in line to ride it. We managed to ride just about everything else we wanted, though, intermixed with lots of eating. My fitness regimen is taking a big hit. I had another pineapple upside down cake topped with dole whip; I haven't been able to get it out of my head since trying it a few weeks ago. One of the most delicious things next to the mango pie at Yak and Yeti. The weather interrupted our planned excursion on Thunder Mountain, so we opted for a second ride on Space Mountain instead. Oh, and spoiler alert, sort of, lol: on Buzz Lightyear, in the Zurg scene, at the very base of the structure Zurg is standing on, centered, is a target that will give you 100,000 with every hit. It could be less, but all I know is that after hitting I think a few times, I was near 400,000 points!

Heading back to the parks this Sunday, if not sooner, for my first ever experience with the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT! We plan to slowly eat and drink everything on offer over the next few months, lol. I promise to take and share pictures.

As as I mentioned, with the job not going quite as smoothly as planned, I keep thinking more and more about jumping ship and working at Disney sooner rather than later, especially now that it appears the wages there are going to jump big-time in the next three years. While it wouldn't be enough on its own, I'm hoping that I could pick up extra hours here and there to make up the shortfall. We'll see, but it's nice to have that as a happy back-up plan. It keeps me sane. But while the job is not ideal, I love it so much being back in Florida. And I found a back way to the parks from my home that clocks in at just about 30 minutes from driveway to parking lot. That makes Pete a happy boy!

Okay, enough for now. I promise a more concerted effort in the future.

Watch this space!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Okay, now you're making us jealous, and me reminiscing about my first annual pass back in 04, although my best time from Tampa was around 40 minutes or so, motorcycle parking up front!

Congratulations Pete! I'm hoping to be one of the people who joins you in a few years! In the meantime, my wife and I are talking about getting a house or condo in Windermere or Celebration within the next few years. Hopefully that dream works out for us!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Excellent idea, Tony. It sure is nice being so close. Honestly it's all I can do not to just jump ship and head to work for Disney. It's intoxicating when you can claim the whole resort as your own seemingly personal playground!

Nick, 40 minutes from Tampa is pretty good; I'm sure you went the speed limit the entire way, lol.

We're supposed to wait until Sunday for Food and Wine, but I might sneak over Friday evening. They have something there called a black lager that has my name on it, and lots of scrumtuous seafood plates in offer. Yummy.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

What's a speed limit? San Antonio to Temple in less than two hours yesterday, not even close to a record though I bet. Took longer getting home because of a few crashes, cops, construction hassles.

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival!

So great to finally get a chance to attend this event. We went for the first time for a few hours Friday evening (the park was open until 10:00 that night), and we stood in quite a long line to get our annual passholder freebie: image3.jpg That's for the first visit; after the fourth visit you get a cutting board with the same image on it! We are going for the third time in less than an hour, and will get our cutting board tomorrow! Lol.

The traffic was rough Friday night, as they only had about 7 out of 13 or so parking bays open, but we made it through, rode Soarin', sampled the seafood stew from Brazil, the Barbossa Black Lager from MIA brewing, very tasty, both actually, and some excellent artichoke/chicken dip. We finished out the eating with the maple bourbon cheesecake: see next post.

Okay, someone will have to explain to me how to download more than one picture before running out of space. Anyway, the cheesecake was delicious!

The next day we hopped into the parks just to log our 2nd official visit, but took the time to try the roasted red lager (very, very tasty), and the shrimp of the barbie in Australia, mate. So far the shrimp from Australia is the best I've eaten at the festival, but I'll be having the lump crab cake today, so I'll let you know if we have a new leader. Also on tap today is the hot chocolate pudding from Ireland, with some sort of naughty alcoholic cream added, lol. Good stuff, that. I'll also be sampling the cheesecake on offer from Hawaii, and maybe the banana/almond soft-serve as well.

Putting a lot of mileage on my car this long weekend, but a free Mickey cutting board is in the mix, so, you know, a mouse has to do what a mouse has to do!

Finally, if you have never watched the Pixar shorts mini-festival at Epcot, do yourself a favor and do so. Their treatment of "Get a Horse" is worth the visit. They took this old black and white classic, very early Mickey, and have him pop through the screen into 3-D, full color! They manage to use much of the original dialog even in the new bits, and it is a wonder! I'll go back to see it again. it was very special. I don't know how often they update the films shown, but I hope they always have "Get a Horse" as part of the lineup. Piper and Feast were also shown, both being very good representations of what Pixar does best. Go see it! You'll thank me for it.

Okay, gotta run, EPCOT and food is awaiting, lol. Someone tell me how to add more pictures; there has to be a way. I have images of more food, the delicious pineapple upside down Dole Whip thingy, and coming Monday, my new cutting board.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Upload your pics to a web storage site (I use photobucket.com) and then link from there.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Okay, someone will have to explain to me how to download more than one picture before running out of space. Anyway, the cheesecake was delicious!

Thanks for the F&W report, sounds like you are enjoying it! Pace yourself, it goes through Mid November . You may be able to try everything at the rate you are going. That would be really cool!

For the pics, there is a limited amount of space in our profiles (though I admit I don't know the numerical limit). Also, you probably need to reduce the resolution of the image from your camera or phone, though it looks like you did that already for your passholder magnet pic, as I saved it and it only showed as 10-12 k, which is normally fine.

When you are logged in, click "Settings" at the top right of the screen (right next to "Logout"). Once in "Settings", look at the list of properties along the left of the screen. Way at the bottom under "My Settings", in the "Miscellaneous" section is one for "Attachments".

Once you are in "Attachments", you will see everything you have ever added as an attachment. There is a total (count and total file size) at the top of the list, along with a red/green bar. As the red progresses to the right hand side, you are running out of space. (as an example, mine is somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 there at around 620 kbytes)

There is a little check box to the right hand side of each attachment. If you check older ones in the list and delete them ("Delete Selected" is in the lower right hand part of screen, below the list), you should free up some space to be able to upload more pics. Obviously, attachments you delete will then no longer show up in the threads in which you posted them, so don't delete anything you want to stick around for continued viewing.

Good luck, and enjoy F&W this weekend! I'll be checking it out in around a month, but I need to figure out if I can swing enough days in my relatively short visit setting foot in Epcot to get the cutting board!
    -Dave

Pete. Loving that youre living your dream. Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Great news Pete! Get the Spam Hash, really. It was the best thing there last year. I aim to get the cutting board on our trip. The others have five day tickets, and we plan to be at epcot at least four half days.

Thanks for the tip, Dave, and the suggestion, Dan, and thanks to Scoob and Annie and all other well-wishers. I don’t mean to ignore anyone.

Yes, Dave, we’re off to a good start, but my tight budget means a few weeks off before getting back at it. We tried one of the croissant donuts today, just okay; I prefer Joffrey’s giant donuts. Yesterday we enjoyed the grilled tuna from Hawaii, too thin for the money I think, but really tasty. The passion fruit cheesecake with Macademia nut desert from Hawaii was even better than the maple bourbon cheesecake from the other night.

My my son loved the cheese soup from Canada, his favorite so far, but it wasn’t for me because I don’t eat pork or beef, so no Spam hash for me, Nick. I’d say I’ve tried about a third of what is on offer that I can eat, so a lot of work left to do.

In addition to the cutting board and magnet, they also have special merchandise that only passholders can buy. And they have roll-out dates throughoutht the festival. I have my eye on a really nice looking glass that comes out on the 20th of this month. The festival themed magic band is nice but not for $48.

Spaceship Earth sprung a leak yesterday so we didn’t get to visit it. 30F33537-C364-4EC9-8764-25C91E908128.jpg

Here are a couple of overdue pictures: 36D47A78-F6C8-4CF9-887B-989127633403.jpg Maple-bourbon cheesecake; FDA92572-3AFE-4B37-AD75-E612DEF86AA9.jpg the famous pineapple upside down Dole Whip treat. And hold on...

904D852D-38E4-4C69-B6DB-B096E1F57A26.jpgYes, it’s the cutting board, with spoon to show its tiny size, lol. But it was free, sort of, and exclusive. I’ll be back after th Alf-imposes, budget-mandated break to share more of my experiences.

EPCOT is very crowded, but not impossibly so. There is a nice, festive, obviously, atmosphere, and the smells, the only free thing in the park besides sunshine, rain, the coke samples, and the ice water all food locations are required to serve, are everywhere and oh so enticing. I’m so glad to finally get to experience this incredible event. I hope I can wait a few weeks to go back, but you and I know I probably won’t be able to.

What, so you're gonna miss the loaded mac-n-cheese too? And some other fantastic dishes. But hey, more for me!

Yeah, I figure it’s just my way of sharing. I meant to include the news that for the first time in over 10 years I rode the Orange side of Mission Space. They totally ruined the Green side, even beyond getting rid of the great Gary Sinise, that i just HAD to try going to Mars the hard way. It was soooo cool! Didn’t mess me up nearly as much as it had done way back when. Still no Gary on the Mars side, though. I wonder why? The new chick is not an adequate replacement.

I’ll definitely be returning to the festival the week after next to get the exclusive Mickey glasses that will be released on the 20th. I’ll share a picture when I do. Until next time....

I rode the Orange side once - the claustrophobia just about did me in. The "new chick" is the lovely Gina Torres, who starred in Firefly and Suits. LOVE HER!!!

- James Taylor

Yeah, I figure its just my way of sharing. I meant to include the news that for the first time in over 10 years I rode the Orange side of Mission Space. They totally ruined the Green side, even beyond getting rid of the great Gary Sinise, that i just HAD to try going to Mars the hard way. It was soooo cool! Didnt mess me up nearly as much as it had done way back when. Still no Gary on the Mars side, though. I wonder why? The new chick is not an adequate replacement.

Ill definitely be returning to the festival the week after next to get the exclusive Mickey glasses that will be released on the 20th. Ill share a picture when I do. Until next time....
    When did they ditch Gary Sinese? Guess it's been quite a while since we did it too. Did they also remove the picture of the Asian girl in the pre-ride video, ride where it says you might become disoriented? That's always seemed like an unfortunate, amusing coincidence. Like some of the allegations of 'inappropriate' shapes in clouds, etc. in their animated films.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Lol, no, the Asian woman is no longer there either, just some deep-voiced dude giving us all the warnings. Dan’s gal is fine, but she’s just not Gary Sinise. He brought some gravitas to the role, like Puddy at Soarin’.

Lol, no, the Asian woman is no longer there either, just some deep-voiced dude giving us all the warnings. Dan’s gal is fine, but she’s just not Gary Sinise. He brought some gravitas to the role, like Puddy at Soarin’.
    Yeah, I figured. Bummer, that was funny. I got a picture of the screen once, I should find it. I like Gina Torres too, she's done some good work. Liked seeing Sidney Bristow beat up on her. I think Suits is on the downhill slide, it's just not the same without Mike and Rachel. Although Donna is still super hot...

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    I think Suits is on the downhill slide, it's just not the same without Mike and Rachel. Although Donna is still super hot...
    Totally agree!
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Totally agree!
    About Donna?

About everything you said!

- James Taylor