Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for July 3-9, 2018

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for July 3-9, 2018

Walt Disney World Resort Update for July 3-9, 2018 by Alan S. Dalinka

Toy Story Land Debuts | Download the Play Disney Parks App | More Additions Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2019 | Epcot Concert & Candlelight Processional News & Calendar | Views Around the World | This and That | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Wow Alan!! It took me both breaks and all of my lunch time to read this one. Wow!! Thank you so much! I like Buzz Light Year and I really like the fact that they are putting that new Mickey/Minnie ride in at Hollywood Studios.
    Kudos for Disney for continuing to improve and delight!

Thanks! Always appreciate the feedback and, indeed, it was a busy week around here (but, of course, "fun busy")!

Regards, Alan

Alan, Thank you for the update. Im going in December with my 70 year old Mom for her birthday. She was hoping Slinky Dog would be more of a kids ride so she could go. It doesn't seem so from your video. How would you rate it against the Goofy Coaster? Thank you! Will be looking for the alien popcorn bucket. I hope those are still around in December. So excited!

Michelle

Taking the 5- and 3-year old granddaughters in November for their first trip. Sounds like Studios is a pretty useless park for us this trip 😞. So disappointed, but really appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by mebandy View Post
    Alan, Thank you for the update. Im going in December with my 70 year old Mom for her birthday. She was hoping Slinky Dog would be more of a kids ride so she could go. It doesn't seem so from your video. How would you rate it against the Goofy Coaster? Thank you! Will be looking for the alien popcorn bucket. I hope those are still around in December. So excited!

Michelle
    Slinky Dog Dash does not seem more aggressive than Goofy's Barnstormer, but for folks that have a fear of roller coasters, the consensus among the friends and other members of the media that I chatted with during previews has been that Slinky Dog is taller and a bit faster than folks thought it would be. It has a 38 inch height restriction and the Imagineers said that their intention is that an average height 4-year-old should be able to ride. As far as coasters go, it is not a particularly aggressive one (to me, it is much less aggressive than Big Thunder Mountain, for example, in that it has no sharp turns or trick track; indeed, it is certainly less aggressive than Expedition Everest and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster) and it is very smooth (not withstanding what it did to my voice in the on-ride commentary). The seat restraint was incredibly comfortable - especially compared to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! The usual roller coaster warnings apply, of course, and you need to factor that in for any older family member wishing to ride. Hope that helps you and your Mom consider whether to ride.

Regards,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by mjconnolly2 View Post
    Taking the 5- and 3-year old granddaughters in November for their first trip. Sounds like Studios is a pretty useless park for us this trip . So disappointed, but really appreciate the info!

If the 5-year old is over average height, she should be tall enough for all three Toy Story Land attractions; the 3-year old, can ride two of them. By November, there will also be the new DJ-hosted Disney Junior show that is aimed at their demographic in the park. Hope that helps if you decide to spend time at the park.

Regards,
    Alan

Thank you Alan! Im thinking she might have to stick with Midway Mania. Looking forward to seeing Toy Story Land.

Michelle