Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Favorite food in and around DLR?

Favorite food in and around DLR?

We have been to Disneyland many times, but want to try some new places to eat during our trip in August. What are your favorite places to eat in the parks and Downtown Disney? We are also interested in both the Pizza Press and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, or anyplace else around the resort that might be nice to try! What are your opinions?

2. # ADS

Just realized I should have posted this in "Trip Planning"!

Favorite food at and around DLR?

We have been to Disneyland many times, but want to try some new places to eat during our trip in August. What are your favorite places to eat in the parks and Downtown Disney? We are also interested in both the Pizza Press and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, or anyplace else around the resort that might be nice to try! What are your opinions?

We always hit Roscoe's when we are down in the area. So good!
    Trader Sam's at DLH is good and have expanded the menu a bit since we were last there. Someone here recommended the nachos at Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian and I get them almost every time we go.

The turkey club at Flo's is my new favorite. The chicken at the Plaza is always good. I like the shrimp tacos at Traders Sams. Always wanted to try Roscoe, heard it is good also. Tried the Uva bar for the first time and it was disappointing: food not that good and it all came out just barely warm.

Within DL, Bengal Barbecue is high on my list for counter service. Love the skewers!

-Dave

Yes how could I forget about Bengal BBQ. Definitely seconded!

Seconds for the chicken at Plaza Inn... literally. In all our many visits, we had somehow missed out. But out of the need to escape parade crowds and an overflowing Tomorrowland, we snuck in to Plaza Inn even though we weren't all that hungry. Best darned chicken I've had in ages, and you really cannot beat the price for the portions you get. It was so good we made a deliberate point of going back on our last day so that DH could have the Pot Roast (I just wanted more chicken). And the CMs were amazingly accommodating of our spectrum-kid and were totally ok with us bringing in pizza from Pizza Port so we could enjoy a family meal. Aces in my book!

Also excellent are the Bengal BBQ skewers! Never been disappointed with those! We also really enjoyed the Fish n Chips from Stagedoor Cafe, but I read recently they've been discontinued (I hope they're just a secret menu item now).

Also, the Late-Night menu at Tomorrowland Terrace has some different options... loved the meteor bites and I think we also had the sliders.

DCA... I don't recall anything really standing out that was a regular menu item. We were there during the Festival of Holidays and some of those food offerings were off the charts good!

And our go-to luxury treat is dinner at Goofy's Kitchen... sooooooooo good. Never once been disappointed with the offerings, the service or the character interactions. Spendy? Yes, absolutely! But we have more priceless memories from that one restaurant than you would believe! (Also had phenomenal food at the now-closed Ariels Grotto. I could have eaten that starter-salad all darned day!)

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

Thank you for all the great info! We were wondering about Plaza Inn specifically. Never been there!

Steakhouse 55 for breakfast is by far the best option resort wide and the prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity you get! The Chilaquiles are done perfectly!

My family has food allergies but we almost always have good dining experiences. Our new favorite is the Red Rose Taverne. They are the only place in the park you can get pomme frites without a reservation which most don’t realize!

We have stayed a couple times at the Anaheim hotel so yes we have eaten at Pizza press. It is pretty good. Do check your bill carefully I’ve been overcharged a couple times which might be my fault because I ordered just cheese and pepperoni pizza. Supposedly they credit back my acct but I never saw the adjustment a month later. This place can get insanely busy so be prepared for long waits possibly

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

I forgot about Bengal Barbecue. I was never a real fan of the steak or chicken skewers there, but the new pork skewer I just tried is amazing.

Tinker44 the Fish and Chips are now inside Golden Horseshoe. Just had them at the beginning of the month and this came up in another thread
    Bengal for us as well.
    Boardwalk pizza and pasta. Love the pastas and the salads.

Rancho Del Zocalo for breakfast!! (Chilaquiles!!) Amazing and a great value - so much food! My family of 4 shared just 2 meals and had leftovers!

Trader Sams's ROCKS! The fried green beans and flat bread, so nummy! Or go for the Pu pu platter. Plus, order one of their special drinks and get a really fun show, complete with fire and rain! Uh-OA!!

The tacos (south-east Asian variety) off the appetizer menu at Carthay Circle, plus the white wine sangria!

Bengal BBQ is so nummy... the spicy sauce - to die for! Seriously, I lick the little paper boat when I'm done just to get every ounce!

I don't know what's happening with the Cove Bar with the Pixar Pier refurb, but they have amazing tapas. (Hopefully it will still be there when I go in January!)

In DD, there's a bar in the middle of the street (Catal?) that has pretty tasty sweet potato fries.

Lobster roll from Harbor Galley... had that for the first time in April.

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    Rancho Del Zocalo for breakfast!! (Chilaquiles!!)
    I don't believe Rancho offers breakfast anymore. Not since they started offering breakfast at Red Rose Taverne.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Oh mannnn, just had it in December and it was sooo awesome. That makes me super sad.

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    In DD, there's a bar in the middle of the street (Catal?) that has pretty tasty sweet potato fries.
    That would be the Uva Bar, where I'll be hangin' tomorrow night!!!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

the cinnamon rolls at the bakery in Disneyland are to die for. I also love Bengal and Plaza as mentioned previously.

We are also big fans of Whitewater Snacks. Their nachos are delicious! I found a pasta dosh at Boardwalk that I really like and hope it's still there when we go in Nov. I'll get that and everyone else gets a corn dog (I am NOT a fan). If you haven't tried a Mint Julep you should. Mmm!!

I like the fried chicken dinner at the top of main street. Usually it's pretty good and you can split it with another person.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I like the fried chicken dinner at the top of main street. Usually it's pretty good and you can split it with another person.
    I had this for the first time in April. I was surprised because when I was going through the line they asked me if I wanted two breasts instead of the way it normally comes. I said yes because I don't really care for dark meat. It made my meal even better.
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

I ordered just a chicken breast at Plaza Inn. I think it was $4.50-$5.