Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Africa's Mombasa Marketplace

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Africa's Mombasa Marketplace

Africa's Mombasa Marketplace by Gregg Jacobs

Gregg does a deep dive into one of Walt Disney World's most interesting shopping experiences

Read it here!

2. # ADS

There's candy in there because it's actually a candy store. If you go outside on that side of the building and look at the sign, it's designed to be a separate shop even though the whole area is connected inside. It's called Zuri's Sweets Shop.

Zuri's Sweets is pretty neat. Used to occasionally be a good place to find the chocolate covered coconut treats shaped like a Mickey Mouse head. (not recently though, it seems those are on hiatus for the moment)

Zuri's also (unless maybe it's technically another part of the building) often has bottled Flame Tree BBQ sauce, which I love to bring home occasionally.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad I missed this, but I think it was also the location for the VERY short lived "zoo poo" snacks around 3 years ago. (yup - found an old link here)

Nice review! I was noticing some of those wood carved type items at the outside part of the shop last trip, but I was worried they might not survive the trip home, so I passed for now. I may try to bring an appropriate sized empty box with some packing material next trip so I'll feel better about trying to bring one home on the plane.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    There's candy in there because it's actually a candy store. If you go outside on that side of the building and look at the sign, it's designed to be a separate shop even though the whole area is connected inside. It's called Zuri's Sweets Shop.
    Thanks for the clarification Steph! Still just seems like an odd thing to have in that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Zuri's Sweets is pretty neat. Used to occasionally be a good place to find the chocolate covered coconut treats shaped like a Mickey Mouse head. (not recently though, it seems those are on hiatus for the moment)

Zuri's also (unless maybe it's technically another part of the building) often has bottled Flame Tree BBQ sauce, which I love to bring home occasionally.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad I missed this, but I think it was also the location for the VERY short lived "zoo poo" snacks around 3 years ago. (yup - found an old link here)

Nice review! I was noticing some of those wood carved type items at the outside part of the shop last trip, but I was worried they might not survive the trip home, so I passed for now. I may try to bring an appropriate sized empty box with some packing material next trip so I'll feel better about trying to bring one home on the plane.
    Thanks Dave! I love the wood carvings. So far, I've only bought that giraffe, but I'm always tempted every time I go. Bringing a box that can be used as a carry on is great idea.