Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Galaxy's Edge Opening Season Predictions

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Galaxy's Edge Opening Season Predictions

Galaxy's Edge Opening Season Predictions by Todd King

Todd King looks at various elements to consider for 'Black Spire Outpost,' including crowds, temperatures, tickets, seasons

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I’m hoping for some sort of paid tour that takes you through the new land with less waits. We just did that at animal kingdom, and did 5 rides, a meal and a show in 5 hours..

-I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way-

Quote Originally Posted by LLevy View Post
    I’m hoping for some sort of paid tour that takes you through the new land with less waits. We just did that at animal kingdom, and did 5 rides, a meal and a show in 5 hours..
    If they did that, I bet it would be fairly pricey, especially at opening season--pricey as in Scrooge McDuck levels of expense. Perhaps something like this would come in the future--and the tour guide would be a costumed character or droid ...
    ~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwin View Post
    If they did that, I bet it would be fairly pricey, especially at opening season--pricey as in Scrooge McDuck levels of expense. Perhaps something like this would come in the future--and the tour guide would be a costumed character or droid ...
    A fair amount of people seem to think they are testing those waters with the price point for the imminent Pixar Pier preview event at DCA. IIRC, it's around $300 for a 6 hour preview "tour" without the crowds of general admission park attendees.

If they actually have successfully sold a lot of tickets for that re-theming of existing rides and shops, I can easily see them trying for well over $500 for a similar thing for Galaxy's Edge, even with only 2 rides in the new land. (dare I say $1000? - I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me. I won't be doing it, but it wouldn't shock me.)

In the words of Supreme Leader Snoke, "We shall see....".
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    A fair amount of people seem to think they are testing those waters with the price point for the imminent Pixar Pier preview event at DCA. IIRC, it's around $300 for a 6 hour preview "tour" without the crowds of general admission park attendees.

If they actually have successfully sold a lot of tickets for that re-theming of existing rides and shops, I can easily see them trying for well over $500 for a similar thing for Galaxy's Edge, even with only 2 rides in the new land. (dare I say $1000? - I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me. I won't be doing it, but it wouldn't shock me.)

In the words of Supreme Leader Snoke, "We shall see....".
    I believe you. And I believe they could do $1k and it would sell out. I believe that amount would buy some pretty great memories though ...
    ~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)