Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Stage Door: Mozz Sticks and Fish n Chips gone?

Stage Door: Mozz Sticks and Fish n Chips gone?

I've seen a few random mentions of this on Twitter but otherwise no talk about this- is it true that both the fish n chips and mozzerella sticks are no longer available at the Stage Door Cafe? I did see that the new menu no longer lists the fish n chips so my guess is an unfortunate yes... (I know the mozz were a "hidden item" anyway but man, we are sure gonna miss them if it's true)

~ Kaz
    Any time is food time, when you set your clock on Pooh time!

2. # ADS

It does seem as there is no more fish and chips. However I do see a new fried fish sandwich at the Hungry Bear. I would assume it is similar. I will try it out in a couple of weeks.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I had the mozzarella sticks at the Golden Horseshoe (which shares its kitchen with Stage Door) in February; not sure if they still have them though...I will miss them as well if they are indeed gone.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    It does seem as there is no more fish and chips. However I do see a new fried fish sandwich at the Hungry Bear. I would assume it is similar. I will try it out in a couple of weeks.
    Ooh, I didn't know they had added that sandwich at Hungry Bear. I hope it's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I had the mozzarella sticks at the Golden Horseshoe (which shares its kitchen with Stage Door) in February; not sure if they still have them though...I will miss them as well if they are indeed gone.
    Most of the tweets I've seen are from early/mid May saying that the mozz are gone, so maybe it is unfortunately true
    ~ Kaz

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

The Disneyland app menu doesn't list the fish and chips or the mozzarella. They have chicken tenders, corn dog, chicken fried steak sandwich, and I think one other thing I just forgot - oh, grilled chicken spinach wrap.

ETA: The Golden Horseshoe menus shows chicken wings, loaded potato skins, grilled chicken mixed green salad, and pepper jack chili mac. Hmmm, gonna need to try out that menu.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The Disneyland app menu doesn't list the fish and chips or the mozzarella. They have chicken tenders, corn dog, chicken fried steak sandwich, and I think one other thing I just forgot - oh, grilled chicken spinach wrap.

ETA: The Golden Horseshoe menus shows chicken wings, loaded potato skins, grilled chicken mixed green salad, and pepper jack chili mac. Hmmm, gonna need to try out that menu.
    LOADED POTATO SKINS??? Oh, I definitely need to check those out!
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Both the Fish N Chips and the Chicken strips are inside Golden Horseshoe as of yesterday, but not outside at Stage Door.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post

Did the app ever list the mozzarella? I haven't seen it actually on a menu in forever, but I don't think I ever checked the app specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Both the Fish N Chips and the Chicken strips are inside Golden Horseshoe as of yesterday, but not outside at Stage Door.
    I know someone whose youngin will be very happy if the fish is still there when they go, hopefully it will be!
    ~ Kaz

They've never listed the mozzarella sticks, or at least haven't since the current app was released. I always wondered how they continue to sell enough to justify keeping them and the marinara in stock.

I don't think they ever had fish and chips on the menu. I haven't eaten there recently, but I've always had to go inside Golden Horseshoe to get the fish and chips.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    They've never listed the mozzarella sticks, or at least haven't since the current app was released. I always wondered how they continue to sell enough to justify keeping them and the marinara in stock.
    They used to be on the board menu but were removed a few years ago; however, they were still available if you only knew to ask for them (another lovely reader from this board gave me the tip and I had been able to order them ever since).
    Pam

They used to be on the board menu but were removed a few years ago; however, they were still available if you only knew to ask for them (another lovely reader from this board gave me the tip and I had been able to order them ever since).
    They were off the menu by the end of 2012, maybe even earlier. That's a long time to keep a secret menu item.

Fish and Chips were on Stagedoor's menu. I've ordered them there before.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    They were off the menu by the end of 2012, maybe even earlier. That's a long time to keep a secret menu item.
    Yeah, pretty much all trips in recent memory we ordered them "off menu" but they were available to order that way at least as of this past January. I agree though, since they weren't visiblly order-able to the public, I don't know how much they sold in terms of making keeping them worthwhile.
    ~ Kaz