Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Separation of Block out calendars

I don't think its really about doing every single thing offered but more so being aware of what is offered in case something is of interest to the person. While its great that they let people know over so many different ways about events or whatever offering, there are still some I would bet that mess those things because they don't go on social media or forums like this. I don't touch social media but have been apart of sites like this for many years now. So there are things that I wouldn't know about otherwise if it wasn't posted here since I don't get the emails. They don't always post everything on the AP section of the website either.

When we started getting APs way back I was getting the emails but it was that way with runDisney and a few other sections of Disney as well. Yet for some reason they just stopped going through. I will say I wish that wasn't the case because it would be easier to just see it in my email most the time then it is some place else.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I don't think its really about doing every single thing offered but more so being aware of what is offered in case something is of interest to the person. While its great that they let people know over so many different ways about events or whatever offering, there are still some I would bet that mess those things because they don't go on social media or forums like this. I don't touch social media but have been apart of sites like this for many years now. So there are things that I wouldn't know about otherwise if it wasn't posted here since I don't get the emails. They don't always post everything on the AP section of the website either.

When we started getting APs way back I was getting the emails but it was that way with runDisney and a few other sections of Disney as well. Yet for some reason they just stopped going through. I will say I wish that wasn't the case because it would be easier to just see it in my email most the time then it is some place else.
    This is my issue too - that some messages are limited to a single social.channel (just email, just Facebook, and so on) and so if u are not following it at all you may be late when u find out from MP or other locations. Or worse - not having access to a link.

Speaking of blockouts did y'all see the news today about lifted blockout dates and cheap park hoppers for friends? Great deal - but I wonder if it's because PixarFest is not hitting revenue targets like they thought (even though parking lots close and crowds abound).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    This is my issue too - that some messages are limited to a single social.channel (just email, just Facebook, and so on) and so if u are not following it at all you may be late when u find out from MP or other locations. Or worse - not having access to a link.

Speaking of blockouts did y'all see the news today about lifted blockout dates and cheap park hoppers for friends? Great deal - but I wonder if it's because PixarFest is not hitting revenue targets like they thought (even though parking lots close and crowds abound).

See that right there is something I wouldn't have known about if it wasn't on the Disney Blog like it was or said here. I don't always check their blog out right away in the day either. Yet I am going to assume its because this theme of Pixar is really not do much for them. As well as I can imagine those that might take the trips here might be holding off until next year instead. Either way, we might have to talk my husband into joining us for at least a day at some point since he doesn't have an AP.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

my concern, if any, is any announcement for previews, events, etc. gets sent in email and not posted to websites. The AP section of Disneyland.com has had some of these events. Other times there have been posts to twitter or facebook. Of course no one wants to miss out on important announcements (like blockouts).
    I agree. I never know when AP rooms are available to book unless I go to the website directly. Same with announcements or special events. Frustrating but runDisney prepared me for this. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Limiting an announcement to a single social channel, even if it's a different one every time, is fine to me. Businesses run promotions on different channels all of the time. Since Disney will never get it to hit all of them anywhere near the same time, I'm happy they choose to spread it around so that no one group is always favored. If I want to see every announcement, it's up to me to follow and regularly check every option.

Looks like they finally stuck the July 2019 blockout up. Deluxe is open all days to DCA (including Sats) but blocked the whole month from DL. 2 So Cal APs are blocked as usual during July and the 2 higher end ones are open to both parks all month of July. I'm sure those that had APS up at this time of year would have liked to know how the end of summer will turn out. Will be interesting to see what the rest of the months will bring for next year.

August calendar for 2019 is up now.

Deluxe opens up to go to Disneyland on the 19th of Aug. Blocked Sat Aug 24th and Aug 31st (I'm sure probably that Sunday too since its Labor Day weekend). DCA clear for all days but Aug 31st.

So. Cali opens to go to Disneyland on Aug 26th-29th. DCA opens Aug 19th with same blocked days as Deluxe (24th/31st)

So. Cali Select Blocked from going to Disneyland all of August. Open to go to DCA Aug 19th-22nd and 26th-29th.

The calendar for blockout dates Oct, Nov and Dec of 2019 is up on the Disneyland site.

Signature-Dec blocked for holidays starting on Sat the 21st for both parks.

Deluxe- all 4 Sats in Oct are blocked for DL/DCA is open the whole month; Nov looks to be like usual with the Thanksgiving blocked dates from Thanksgiving until that Sat for both parks; Dec DL/DCA both blocked Sat 7th, Sat 14th and Sun 15th then Friday the 20th starts the holiday blocked dates.

So Cal Select- Oct DL/DCA both blocked all Fridays, Sats, and Sundays with Monday the 7th blocked as well; Nov DL/DCA all Sats, Sundays blocked along with Fri the 8th (DCA is NOT blocked this day) and Monday the 11th plus all Thanksgiving week; Dec is all blocked but opened for DL/DCA Monday 2nd-5th and 9th-12th

So. Cal- Oct for DL/DCA blocked all Sats and Sundays; Nov DL all Sats, Sun 24th and Thanksgiving 28th-30th and DCA is blocked all Sats Sunday the 24th and 28th until 30th; Dec DL/DCA blocked all Sundays (including the 1st), all Sats, all Fridays (DCA open Friday the 6th), then starting the holiday blocked out on Thurs the 19th.

Blog Entries

For signature - I fully expect the remaining second week (Jan 1 thru 4) to be blocked with Jan 5 the being open , and the last day of Holidays. Like Jan 6th 2019 - that may be one of the most crowded ever so that folks can get last looks of holidays.

I'm kind of on the fence of the move to final two weeks defined by weekends instead of last two weeks of days in December (and Jan 1). Then gradually bringing passholders back by pass level. I'm glad we can come closer to Christmas - but not having another chance at multiple days after Christmas is a bummer.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

For signature - I fully expect the remaining second week (Jan 1 thru 4) to be blocked with Jan 5 the being open , and the last day of Holidays. Like Jan 6th 2019 - that may be one of the most crowded ever so that folks can get last looks of holidays.

I'm kind of on the fence of the move to final two weeks defined by weekends instead of last two weeks of days in December (and Jan 1). Then gradually bringing passholders back by pass level. I'm glad we can come closer to Christmas - but not having another chance at multiple days after Christmas is a bummer.

Agree. I don't doubt it will be blocked like that with how the dates are around then but I am with you on not having those extra days after the fact to get in a little more holiday time....and specialty foods. Will just have to find ways to squeeze in more visits leading up to the blocked dates this year and next.

Blog Entries

I own a Signature pass and its blocked until Sunday, Jan 6th. I went to the blockout calendar page on the AP website just to check on other blockouts - and I noticed an interesting quirk. When I did not have a park selected but tried to look at the calendar - only the Sig Plus calendar would display. The remaining ones would not show any calendars until I picked a Park. Now I know this happened previously with So Cal and Deluxe but I did not realize that Signature would be held up until I chose a park.

I looked at both park's calendars and they are equivalent. Sig is blocked from Saturday Dec 21st through Saturday January 4th 2020. so I don't understand why the cals dont show up - UNLESS - maybe it means that in the future Disneyland and DCA will be handled differently even for Signature passes.

All speculation of course - but interesting...

It could just be because it doesn't have any blocked dates. While all the other passes do have blocked dates for both parks or for just Disneyland so it would make sense not to have them just come up like Sig Plus does but to have to pick a park to check on blocked/opened dates.