Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Beer, wine, drinks at MK restaurants

Beer, wine, drinks at MK restaurants

I never had a strong opinion about this either way, although to be honest the thought of being able to have a beer or glass of wine (outside of BOG, which didn't impress us) does appeal to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/0...staurants.html

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some people are loosing their mind over this. Personally, I am neutral. Then again, Im not really a drinker.
    I think people that are objecting are thinking that "Walt would not like this" and similar and the fact that they dont want it to be a focus like the Food and Wine fest at Epcot. (Which I can understand.)

If the availability of beverages are limited to the dining establishments, I highly doubt that this is going to result in many beverage-related issues. Availability or lack there of, will help with concerns, in my opinion.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Some people are loosing their mind over this. Personally, I am neutral. Then again, Im not really a drinker.
    I think people that are objecting are thinking that "Walt would not like this" and similar and the fact that they dont want it to be a focus like the Food and Wine fest at Epcot. (Which I can understand.)

If the availability of beverages are limited to the dining establishments, I highly doubt that this is going to result in many beverage-related issues. Availability or lack there of, will help with concerns, in my opinion.

I would tend to think your analysis is probably correct. The part that makes other parks have issues from time to time is I suspect mostly driven by the availability at outdoor kiosks where you don't need to be seated for a meal to order drinks. I'm convinced the "drink around the world" type mechanics of the outdoor kiosks where you can just hop from one to another and keep getting drinks is the potential problem scenario for those who do that to excess.
    -Dave

Beer, wine, drinks at MK restaurants

Good. I don’t go on my two week annual holiday to drink fizzy whatever with my dinner. I hope they don’t get like Epcot though. Some people have far too much to drink there for a family destination.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)