Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: New menu at Flo's

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New menu at Flo's

I'm sad - they've really gone away from the unique aspects of food items here and went to standard fare pretty much available anywhere. Sure maybe an ingredient or two is different - but the base items of burger, sandwich, salad, chicken are found in multiple places in the parks already. Reminds me of when River Belle went to a sandwich/salad menu out of the blue. It makes me thing that Resort food management is strictly looking at costs of goods and trying to minimize uniqueness to streamline and save money for "american" fare. I hope we don't see any more of this (though I cant see how you can change places like Cafe Orleans, French Market, and Rancho del Zocalo into generic locales).

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...dventure-park/

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I liked the turkey dip there but I'm looking forward to trying a few of the new things on the menu.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

"I've seen your daily routine. You are NOT busy."

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I always found it strange you couldn't get a burger there.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Blog Entries

Ok - but the burger patties in the parks are not very good. Seem frozen to me and dry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Honestly, we have never eaten at Flo's, the menu didn't appeal. Partly because I have a picky husband, and son, and a lot of the items I liked seemed too heavy for enjoyment in the heat.
    Minus the burger, the are a few things on this menu that appeal to me and Whistler would eat the burger. I have a feeling those Blue Plate specials may be some of the former menu items rotating in.

I do not know how to break the news to my daughter that there is no more ribs. That was her favorite meal at the resort and now it is gone. I do not know any other place that has ribs (other than few table service places), however I know a lot a places that serve burgers, and a club sandwiches. And now Flos has what every other place has. I was also a big fan of the turkey dip, but that sadly is also gone. They do have fried chicken, however that for me is a Plaza thing. It sucks that Disney introduces unique food items and then eventually replaces them with the same old burger/sandwich items.

They took my ribs away again?! First Taste Pilots, and now Flo's.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Honestly, we have never eaten at Flo's, the menu didn't appeal. Partly because I have a picky husband, and son, and a lot of the items I liked seemed too heavy for enjoyment in the heat.
    Minus the burger, the are a few things on this menu that appeal to me and Whistler would eat the burger. I have a feeling those Blue Plate specials may be some of the former menu items rotating in.
    This is exactly us. "Comfort food"/heavy food has never appealed to me, so I'm excited to actually eat there. I want to try the BLT/turkey sandwich and the Cobb salad. Neither of those things are groundbreaking, but they're also not available anywhere else in the park.

My favorite salad (at the Greek place) is currently MIA. Hope the Greek food returns soon...

Swung by today and tried the pot pie. It was actually a pretty tasty dish with a little kick of spice to it! The crust was flaky but not particularly a distinct flavor. The fruit on the side was very juicy and good as well. Definitely worth the $10.99 price tag. My friends had the fried chicken and it's pretty similar (if not the same) to Plaza Inn's. One friend's dark meat pieces were very tasty, but the breast piece was unfortunately very dry. The garlic mashed potatoes were really good though!

"You know, some guys just can't hold their arsenic!"

There is a Cobb salad at Plaza Inn.

I heard that the PI Cobb was changed to a different salad, so this salad at Flo's may be its replacement. Not sure what the new salad at PI is now.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    There used to be a Cobb salad at Plaza Inn, and I'm sad to say they changed it some time ago. I'm not a fan of the new salad.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    My favorite salad (at the Greek place) is currently MIA. Hope the Greek food returns soon...
    My husband has the same complaint since that's the location they use for many themed events, which means the regular menu is only available a couple months out of the year at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    There used to be a Cobb salad at Plaza Inn, and I'm sad to say they changed it some time ago. I'm not a fan of the new salad.
    I missed that. Thanks

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I missed that. Thanks
    Found my tweet about it from last November. I'm not sure that it's the same now as I don't even bother to look any more. I'll make it a point to go look next time I'm there.

It appears that I didn't post about it here. Odd. You know how much I talk about food...

. You know how much I talk about food...
    Yes, yes I do.

Blog Entries
    It appears that I didn't post about it here. Odd. You know how much I talk about food...
    You?????
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

As someone else pointed out - blue plate specials would bring back previous menu items.
    Example - ribs, mashed, veggies

https://t.co/ygkGp3yba1 https://t.co/dzqW04mwT4

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Ok - but the burger patties in the parks are not very good. Seem frozen to me and dry.

Yea I don't eat burgers in theme parks. They are just nasty to me. I know some people (husband and sons) have no issues with those kind of burgers but my taste buds say YUCK!

We are picky here too for the most part so nothing really jumped out there in the past. Now I do want to try the turkey sandwich (minus the tomato).

I was thinking that they were doing the blue plates as former menu items so as not to upset some that might prefer that menu.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"