Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Sending notes to resort about building preference?

Sending notes to resort about building preference?

Is there a way in MDE to include a note about room/building preference for your resort reservation? It looks like for my conference they have us in the Garden Wing at the Contemporary. I would like to make a note in my reservation that we would like to be in the tower if possible and there is availability. The only room preference area I saw in MDE was to request bottom floor, top floor, near an elevator, etc. I didn't see anywhere I could ask for a tower room.

Disneyland will always be home, but WDW is starting to win me over.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

So, my 2 cents.

The room category is different between the garden wing and tower rooms, if I am not mistaken. Its more than a preference in this case - but an upgrade.
    Usually you can ask your travel planner to include room requests in the reservation, but in your case, I am not sure that is possible.
    Ive also used TouringPlans (subscription) to set room preference as well as room requests in their fax service. Ive only used it once and got what I wanted, but I would never consider such requests guaranteed.

But in reality, since I think what your request would really be an upgrade, you might need to check at the front desk and see if there are any complementary or paid upgrades available.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Sending notes to resort about building preference?

Hi. The answer is you can’t add a ‘free text’ request in MDE. You can e mail the resort or use the Touring Plans facility. However given your post you are asking for an upgrade not a room request within the room category you’ve booked , but No reason you can’t use the same methods for this request as well.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

The resorts have fax numbers you can send requests to as well. Best time to request by fax is usually 5-9 days before you arrive