Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

I'm 30 days out from my family's WDW trip, so I got up at stupid o'clock to do FastPass+ reservations, only to find none left for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I expected to have to get one later in the day, but not for them to be completely gone -- is this normal? Should I keep checking back? Also, is there a way to check availability without cancelling existing FP+ reservations? Thank you!

2. # ADS

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

You can go into the app and press amend without actually taking the final step to confirm the amendment. There might be a better way though too? I booked all my FPP for 60 days out yesterday and Flight of Passage FP were already only available in the evening for the start of my trip same for Slinky Dog Dash. Very frustrating! Mine train was easier though.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I also had an easier time online than in the app at times.

It's getting tougher and tougher to do what we want to do.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

My 2 cents:
    - Online via computer tends to work better than the app for some reason.
    - Check back daily for openings as they do open up as people change their plans.
    - Even check when you are there.
    - Be flexible when it comes to times/days.

And yes, I have heard that people can get last minute FP's for very popular attractions. It can be done. Results may not be common, but its not impossible.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I had good luck using a tip someone suggested here (one of the Andrews brothers, but I admit I forget if it was Nick or Joey - sorry guys! ) of trying just after midnight (EDT) for some openings. I also stumbled across an opening or 2 during my lunch hour one day. These were for Flight of Passage. I wound up with 4 FP+ for that attraction (obviously different days across my trip) after missing the 60 day trigger point. I missed my 60 day opening since I didn't finalize my resort until after that had already passed for me.

I would think at this point SDMT should not be harder to get that FoP?

Unfortunately, my case is probably not typical, as I was: a) a single traveler (easier to get than a larger group), and b) I left my FP+ selections open so it was easier to check (I was not worried about many rides I had already been on since this was not a "once in xxx time" trip for me, so I filled in the others after I got my FoP ones in.).

I used a PC to do my reservations to start, not the app.

Another minor tip I've found useful: If a ride goes down while you are waiting in the FP+ queue, and they offer the "multiple experience" FP+ to replace your down ride, don't be afraid to instead monitor the ride wait times and wait on standby for that ride if it comes back up and then use the FP+ for something else. I did this to my advantage with TSMM and Rockin' Rollercoaster. Was waiting on FP+ for TSMM, it went down(had been delayed, but they finally told us it wasn't going to be quick, so they basically evacuated the queue and scanned you to give you the "multi experience" FP+ as you left), and then it came back up within an hour or so. I waited on standby voluntarily for TSMM (maybe 35-40 minutes - need to check my notes) and then used the FP+ for RRC, which would have been a much longer wait (and single rider, while available on RRC is not always that much of a time savings).

-Dave

Thanks for the tips Gus and Dave!!

Be aware of any limitations to the any ride FP. I know we get certain rides excluded here in California. I could see them excluding FOP, unless that was the one that went down.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Be aware of any limitations to the any ride FP. I know we get certain rides excluded here in California. I could see them excluding FOP, unless that was the one that went down.
    That is true. When I got one at DAK when Dinosaur went down about a year ago, it specifically excluded FoP. (that one for me was actually paper, and the exclusion of FoP was printed right on it)

Pandora stuff makes sense, SDMT maybe too, but wouldn't think too many others are in that boat right now. Obviously check the paper or app for details if it happens.

The point was more to just not lock yourself in and be open to averaging your wait times and leverage the "multi" to your advantage if possible, since the wait for a ride that re-opens can be shorter temporarily (until everyone realizes it's open again). RRC was something like a 90 minute wait the day I was there, so waiting 30-45 minutes for TSMM made sense so I could apply the FP+ to something with a longer wait.
    -Dave

I was not disagreeing with your strategy, just pointing out a fact people should be aware of.

Thanks for the tips, all! I'm a California pro, but have only been to WDW a handful of times. The "Modify" option didn't even occur to me, so I'm SO GLAD there is a way to look without canceling an FP+ reservation. I'll keep checking back. We're a party of 11 though (really 13, but one too-short-for-big-rides kiddo and one parent will be avoiding the big rides), so I'm not sure if we'll get that lucky or not! I'll keep an eye on average wait times leading up to our trip and we'll figure it all out one way or the other :-)